Register now to get rid of these ads!

Carburetors to be featured on "How It's Made"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tech @ BG, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

I figured I would post a little info on this incase any of you are home the night after Christmas and looking for something to watch on tv.

Not sure how many of you guys have ever watched the cable show "How It's Made" but they were here filming awhile back and the episode featuring how our carburetors are made will be aired at 9:00pm on December 26th. This show is on the Discovery Science Channel . I haven't seen the final edited version but it starts out showing how each of the components are machined and then assembled ending in flow testing the completed carburetor.

2. BinderRod

BinderRod

Thanks, the DVR is set

3. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Okey-dokey!
    I had always presumed that show was a Canadian thing. A lot of the earlier episodes were filmed in factories with french signs.

So do you reveal a discount code somewhere in the show so we can call you guys up and save a few bucks on our next purchase?

4. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

seen the show many times. too bad my Grant carb was a piece of shit & the tech support wasn't much better

5. BinderRod

BinderRod

So I take it you didn't care for your BG carb:eek:

6. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

They are based out of Canada but some of the shows I have watched were filmed here as well. Sorry no discount code as we only sell through our distributors.

7. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

How long ago was that? There have been a lot of changes made in the last year and a half or so both in product and personel in an effort to offer both a better product and service.

8. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I spoke with BG Tech about 3 to 4 months ago with some questions on carbs & linkage on a Chev SB blower engine I'm putting together.
    Seemed like I was bothering the dude, so I went elsewhere, no biggie.

9. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Thanks for the heads up ! I have watched that show many times and have to say there are many things I NEVER knew were made that way . It's a cool show !

10. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Thanks for the heads up .I have used your carbs on two projects.Thanks for the great tech support really helped me out .My 2 cents

11. lewislynn

lewislynn

My sister's first husband (early 60's) had a homemade 1 bbl. carburetor his grandfather made. Nothing was cast. everything was machined. I don't know if it worked but it sure was neat to look at.

As to "How It's Made". Not only is the process of how things are mass produced interesting but so is the amount of engineering that's involved in the machinery to make their product.

I'm especially impressed with the balls some one had/has to risk hundreds of thousands of dollars to make something worth a dollar retail...Meaning the best the manufacturer does on a dollar retail is gross $0.50...

12. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Yeah some of the simplest stuff you never think about takes 15 machines to make and like you said all to sell it for a buck or less. I think the last one I saw was with the glass beakers which was pretty neat but the one before that was the hard candy with all the designs made into it and all the steps required...

13. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Cool...I'll watch it. How It's Made is a GREAT time killer! Some of the most obscure stuff, and you're sitting there thinking "Why the hell am I watching this? I don't care how wax candles are made! But that machine is cool."

-Brad

14. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I watched the one on Pipe organs. made me late for work.

Those things are freakin AMAZING.

15. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Just looked to see what else would be airing on our episode and here it is....

<TABLE class=highlight cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width=130>Dec 26, 9:00 pm
    (30 minutes)

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=100>

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=443>How It's Made 5
    Episode 17
    TV-G

Carburetors, Air Conditioners, Sugar

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>