Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Carburetor Spacers and Deceptive Advertising from Holley/Mr Gasket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hihunglo, Apr 27, 2017.

1. hihunglo

hihunglo

2. All I see is pictures. Where are your comments?

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  3. hihunglo

hihunglo

Sorry I am just so frustrated tonight that I may have posted this in the wrong category. I was searching for a solid 1" spacer for my intake that I could grind to match. Every picture online shows this as a solid spacer from the sides but in reality It is photoshoped by Holley/Mr Gasket and it has got me fuming. Anyone else have a similar experience? On the good side, I picked up three holley carburetors on Craigslist today for $35, one was an 85-86 ford 460 governed truck carb, the next an 80457 which is a match to the carb someone gave me this weekend........and the last ended up being a Holley 4224 ceter squirter!!

4. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best I can tell is there are two gaskets, a spacer, but no studs or nuts? I guess? Hard to tell from what is posted.

5. hihunglo

hihunglo

Sorry for some reason I couldn't find the comment area after I added the pictures. I'm new so forgive me..

6. Fordors

Fordors

I see your concern, the die casting has been changed probably to save material. Most likely the catalog illustrations have not kept up with the change to the spacer.
    On the other hand, how is your false advertising claim an issue with Holley? To my knowledge they do not own the Mr. Gasket brand.

7. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

False advertising aaa, more like a revised product. I'm sure the vendor would see enough reason to take it back but don't know if it's worth making a big stink about.

8. hihunglo

hihunglo

Holley/Mr Gasket has 5 pictures online showing their 6006 all of which have been photoshopped to make them look like solid spacers. I had intended to do some grinding on the spacers to match my intake which is not going to happen unless my engine wants to suck unfueled air. I just want to let others know before they spend their money and waste a week or two's worth of time on this spacer. A worthless/deceptive/useless thread on here would be nice. A "bipartisan" Youtube video will be forthcoming showing others what they will be actually buying when they spend their money on a Mr. Gasket 6006. Haha

9. hihunglo

hihunglo

Correct a change could happen but if they plan on selling this to 5,000+ shouldn't they tell us?

contesly likes this.
  10. hihunglo

hihunglo

Someone commented on here about Holley not owning Mr. Gasket holley.PNG

butchcoat1969 likes this.
  11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I bought one from a local discount parts store about 10 years ago that is solid and has a PCV port but could never find another,I did eventually find another at a swapmeet.

Deuces and hihunglo like this.
  12. Fordors

Fordors

Someone would be me. OK, I stand corrected. Holley acquired Mr. Gasket in 2015, I missed that, thinking Mr. G was still owned by Echlin, longtime ignition component manufacturers.

13. hihunglo

hihunglo

Half a billion dollar company can't revise their product descriptions, OR, show an "ACTUAL" picture of THIS product ANYWHERE? Sounds more like deceptive advertising to me. Sell the product cheap and it's not worth returning. I bought it for $26, not worth returning. 4 people buy it and it's not worth returning, that's $100 in their pocket and so on, and so on. "Revised Product"? Where is an actual picture of the original product? Looks like their "original" photo came from the factory in China that told them what it was supposed to look like and Holley/Mr. Gasket is just running with it. Not acceptable to me or anyone else who wants to buy this product based on the advertised picture by a multi-million dollar company. I work for my money and crap like this puts a dent in my budget.

Deuces and Doctorterry like this.
  14. squirrel

squirrel

They didn't photoshop the pictures in the catalog. They just didn't update them, when they changed how they make the spacer.

There are lots of used old design spacers around. You should be able to find one. Maybe even NOS.

Blue One likes this.
  15. squirrel

squirrel

Who did you buy it from? I usually buy new speed parts from Summit, they take returns.

Deuces and Blue One like this.
  16. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Could see you being a bit disapointed, that's part of the hobby but photoshopped? Seriously? Watch out for those chemtrails dude.

17. hihunglo

hihunglo

Can you show me an original 6006 spacer before the supposed design change please?

18. hihunglo

hihunglo

Straight from Holley, the manufacturer of the product

19. if you are not happy with it send it back...it's not worth getting upset. i hope that is the worst problem you have with your build ,i would hate to see your reaction to a real problem

i'd take a piece of 1" thick aluminum and attack it with a band saw , drill press and some hole saws...done

or maybe see what others have to offer..like this one from Moroso

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-64991/overview/

Deuces, XXL__, rhtfo and 2 others like this.
  20. hihunglo

hihunglo

Can you please show me an actual picture of a "6006" before the revision? I somehow can't seem to find one on this wonderful thing called the "internet". Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Not trying to be a smartass but there aren't any.

21. hihunglo

hihunglo

Yes, But i'm frustrated about the week it took to get it straight from Holley and now I have to send it back and(probably pay shipping) and reorder another from someone else just becomes a big hassle and my intake will not be completed. If Holley shows an actual picture of their cheap hollow Chinese spacer I never would have ordered it. T.R. Waters would have gotten my $140 if I had known this was going to happen trying to save a few dollars.

22. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

23. henry29

henry29

This isn't my pic I found it on the internet, but I do have one just like it hanging in the barn that is solid.[​IMG]

Deuces and hihunglo like this.
  24. henry29

henry29

oops didn't see the other pic posted

25. squirrel

squirrel

Deuces, swade41, beachbum jim and 7 others like this.
  26. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No doubt. Better get it before some jerk buys it out from under you!

XXL__ and henryj1951 like this.
  27. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if you do not go "buy now" route - post pic of manifold/carb that you are trying to match up with for us to understand more as to what you are planning to do - and why it has to be the 6006 - Trans Dapt makes solid spacers - their 2431 cast aluminum swirl/torque is one that helps with bottom end performance on most motors

28. belair

belair

Wow. what are you going to do when something really goes wrong?

29. Larry T

Larry T

What intake are you putting it on?

30. henry29

henry29

only other post was about a 331 industial hemi