For the last few years, I have been rebuilding my own carburetors. Although they run well, they don't look very good. I have experimented with different methods of refinishing the bodies; "Alodyne", zinc washes, etc., I have not found anything that worked very well. The last carburetor I did was a 2GC that I had around that was missing a few parts. I have been doing a few of these, and found that between extra parts from other carbs and kits, I was going to be able to redo this one. I decided to take a flyer and try to refinish this one with "paint". I had been looking into this sort of thing and had seen that Eastwood Corp. has a product called "Carb renew". I have ignored this, because first, it was a paint, and second, like all Eastwood products, it was over-priced. I bit the bullet, and bought some of it from Eastwood. I cleaned the carb bodies and sprayed them with the "Carb Renew". Initially, I was kind of disappointed, because the finish looked kind of "fakey". However, after I assembled the carburetor, I found I liked the overall effect. The best thing about this stuff is it's durability. After I got the carb back together, I found out that I didn't have all of the linkages were not installed correctly. In the end, I must have taken the unit apart 5 or 6 times trying to get the linkages correct. After all of this it came through looking good without any nicks or scratches. I made sure that the carb bodies were squeaky clean; after using carb cleaner, I ran them through the dishwasher (don't tell the lady of the house), and then bead blasted them. After two coats of the carb renew, I sprayed them with some of Eastwood's "Satin Clear". While the end result may not be up to 100 point restoration standards, I like it fine for my purposes. Look and judge for yourselves.