Register now to get rid of these ads!

Carburetor Gaskets

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cjb40, Aug 1, 2010.

1. cjb40

cjb40

In a std carb kit for a 235 engine, Rochester B, there are two air horn gaskets. The carb rebuikd kit illustration, shows the one to use is the one that has sort of a small dog leg cut-out at the end opposite the needle-valve seat assy (The gasket on the left). Where is the other one used. Possibly a BC? Then I've researched the Old Car Manual Rochester parts list, and I find the p/n for that gasket is 7004480 for just about all 50's carb B's. I don't understand. Can anyone chime in and help me out here?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

It's not. On a B you need the one with the dog leg. There are some part numbers where the "legless" one is used.

3. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I read somewhere there are well over 100 different Rochester B's. I would not be surprised to find a couple of different gaskets in a universal rebuild kit. I always have. I just use which ever one looks like the one that came out.

4. carbking

carbking

There are 137 different Rochester type B carburetors, and at least 5 different airhorn gaskets.

Jon.