Register now to get rid of these ads!

carb/throttle linkage question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 215slowpoke, Feb 1, 2005.

1. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

does anyone have any pictures or have a 2 x 1 or 3 x 1 set up on a 215 or 223 straight six. i need to make linkage for my carburetors and want to know if im going in the right direction or do you know where to get the linkage? im guessing if you are repling you already know the carbs are mounted sideways.

Thanks Travis

2. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

Not the same application, but here's mine. A pair of holley 5200 carbs on an edmunds dual intake, on my 230 flathead six. The intake has holes for the linkage rod, but I've seen other brands of intakes done in a similar way where the linkage rod is held by a spacer plates sandwiched between each carb and the intake. The plates each have tab that sticks out away from the carb base, with a 90 degree twist with a hole for the rod to pass through, holding the rod in about the same place as mine.

I used a Lokar cable to pull the linkage directly from the gas pedal, worked out slick.

Pete
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

[[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

4. -=LD=-

-=LD=-

I've saw this on another board (FordSix.com):

"Check with Car Products, Box 966, Paragonah, UT 84760.
    Ph 435-477-8213
    They handle six cylinder offy products. BTW, don't throw away your stock linkage, you will need parts from it for the install."

I haven't called them yet myself, but I'd be interested to hear how they work for you if you go that route.
    Duane

BTW, Pete that is one slick setup!