Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Carb jetting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MISCONSTUDE, May 31, 2012.

1. MISCONSTUDE

MISCONSTUDE

I've heard from some to jet a holley the same front and rear. Also have heard about going several sizes smaller in front. Curious to hear some other opinions.

2. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

Mis... shoot us the "list" number of your carb...then I can look up what it came with from the factory.
    some start life from holley in the range 72 pri 78 sec, others 67 pri 82 sec...
    depends on vac or mech secondary and power valve on both or front only....
    after we know the factory baseline,, then we can adjust to suit your application.
    Dave

3. MISCONSTUDE

MISCONSTUDE

Carb is an 850 demon mechanical secondary. It's on the 430 Buick in my Stude. Ran 12 teens with 31 squirters, 85 jets front, 93 jets rear. Went to 32 squirters (to cure a bit of a stumble it had.) Changed front jets to 90, left 93 in rear. Motor really woke up, ran 11.94, looking to wring a little more out of it, just curious about where to go from here, first change was easy as motor was obviously way lean.