Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Carb adapter question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sidserv, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sidserv

Sidserv

Not sure if I am posting this in the right section. I have a 58 Ford F100 with a Y-block 292. It came without a carb and I am finally getting around to working on it. It has a 2 bbl intake on it and I might just get an autolite carb for it but I also have a 4 bbl A intake. I have an original teapot but it is a shelf decoration and really not rebuildable. Is there an adapter for the A intake so I can install a more modern Holley? I have a Holley 450 cfm that came off of another one of my old fleet and I think would be the perfect carb. the A intake is the small 4 bbl and the Holley that I have is the small bore but it is too big for the A intake. I don't have access to a machine shop at the moment since I am retired now so I can't just make one. Do any of you know of an adapter for these old intakes? I have another 2 bbl 3 stud intake with a good carburetor but I kinda want to keep that with my 272 that I am saving for another project. Any advice on adapters would be greatly appreciated. I am not really interested in purchasing the B intake. I am dropping too much money into parts on my other rigs that I am rebuilding. Thanks, Glen

2. Deuces

Deuces

I'm sure someone here can answer your question....

3. carbking

carbking

Go to summitracing.com

Search on carburetor adapter

They have 153 different. As I don't need one, didn't feel like scrolling through them all.

Jon.

4. egads

egads

5. 327Eric

327Eric

Google 'Carb adapter for early y block'. Plenty of info there,and links to old threads,

6. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    from NJ

Make one out of hardwood. Jack E/NJ

gimpyshotrods likes this.