Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Caravan 3rd Row Seat in a 34 Tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LFS11, May 26, 2014.

1. LFS11

LFS11

I've seen quite a few posts about caravan 3rd row bench seats fitting in 30's rides.
    I can't seem to find much detail on the actual install other than it fits without mods.
    Picked up my $28 special today and wondering if anyone has pics of their experience?
    I'm going to install as the rear bench fyi.
    Thanks in advance!!

2. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I used a minivan seat for the back seat. Fit like it was suppose to be there. For the front I used a S10 bench, the back folds down so there's access to the back. I had to take about 3" off of each side of the front lower seat frame to make it fit but it works well.
    used

3. LFS11

LFS11

Do you have any pics of how you mounted it? Trying to figure out if I need to fab a new bracket to bolt down. I've seen some folks build a wood frame but not sure why you would need it?

4. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

i used a 2000 caravan seat in my 34 3 window.. i had to change all the brackets to make it comfortable for how much chop and channel i have in the car. im building a plywood frame just like a real 34 to set this seat all down inside so you will never see the brackets.
    photo.JPG

5. LFS11

LFS11

Excellent thanks for the pic.
    Any more out there?
    Once I figure it out ill post pics as well in case someone needs them for ref.