Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Trailer stolen in Willis, TX Found this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shivasdad, Jun 26, 2013.

1. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

This worked out great---glad to hear it.

2. jeepers00creepers

jeepers00creepers

3. Canus

Canus

I'd bet that if the local TV news did a story on the stolen gravestones the judge on the case would be "encouraged" to ensure an appropriate sentence for the thief.

4. farmer12

farmer12

Awesome news!!!!

5. 1959apache

1959apache

I am glad you found it! That is cool man. Any word on the other part of the lift?

6. belair

belair

yay. glad you got your stuff back and the bad guy got caught.

7. 54rat210

54rat210

Good stuff. Glad the thief was caught.

8. Glad this thief is off the street, thats a reward to all of us. Two things I can't stand are a thief and a liar. Hope you recover all of the property soon!

9. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

GREAT NEWS now we can hope for JUSTICE Gary

10. sololobo

sololobo

Wonderful news, glad that creep is in jail. Who would steal a grave stone?, a real loser!! Hope all your property is returned o.k. Good work kids. ~sololobo~

11. seatex

seatex

finally chalk one up for the good guys! Glad you got your stuff back and the scumbag is in jail

12. Zerk

Zerk

Nice work you guys! Good to hear that you had a positive outcome. Hope the property is returned quickly.
    This does make me wonder how many thieves and scammers might be operating out of storage facilities, right under the management's nose.

13. afaulk

afaulk

Glad you got your stuff back! It sounds as if this guy was in business LOL, I hope he got a knot or two on his head.

14. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Perhaps explain to him that it's not 1985 anymore and that a multi camera, HD video security system runs less than $200 - $300 from Newegg (or even HF if he's really cheap).

15. Search Dog

Search Dog
    from Western CT

Hah!

When I was in the Army in NJ in the late '60's I volunteered for firing squad duty. We'd have to standby one weekend every three months and if there was a veteran being buried in our area we'd have to go out and fire a 21-gun salute at the graveside ceremonies. Not altruistic, those that volunteered got lots of extra bennies.
    One of our weekends we got called out to bury a GI killed in 'Nam, and the services were in cemetery in downtown Newark, NJ. 4-story tenements surrounded the cemetery, and we wondered out loud if when we fired the salute we'd get return fire! :D
    Anyway, while we were waiting around for the hearse to show up, we wandered around looking at the stones. One of the guys yells, "Come over here and check this out!". Behind the groundskeeper's shed was a stack of old gravestones. It was obvious they were "collected". They would keep an eye out for graves that hadn't been visited in years and steal the stones, I'm sure to sell back to a disreputable monument company who would re-cut them. Sure opened our eyes!

And, no, we didn't get return fire, but it was kind of sad. The only attendees for the ceremony was the vet's pimp brother with two "ho's" on his arms. Nobody else.

16. raidmagic

raidmagic

Awesome news!! Glad you hear you recovered this stuff and it appears others who have filed reports of stolen stuff will be getting that back as well.

17. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

One last bit of news. I did get the base to my lift back and though I had replaced it, Greg Smith Equipment sales has agreed to give me credit back on the lift. Nice guys, I've been dealing with the warehouse in Austin, TX. All of our property was released mid week and the only thing the trailer owner is missing is the license plate for his trailer and the winch mount. The winch was still there. So it is good news. The news did catch up with the story because of the gravestones. It was featured on two local TV stations and this local website. http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/stolen-tomb-stones-recovered/

Thanks again for all of the support and the thief has no bond, so he's in the shitter for a while now.

18. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

Hope "Bubba" takes real good care of him in there!!!

19. Glad things worked out for the good guys in this case. Too often that doesn't happen.

20. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Always great to hear a result like this....good for the owner !!
    And as far as the statement "What in the world he was going to do with stolen, engraved headstones, I’ll never know, but it just goes to show how low these %$^&%’s can be."
    I believe the engraving could be changed to HIS NAME ......:eek::D:)

21. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Great ending to this story! Now I hope they really tie him to enough other thefts to put him away forever!

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finally some good news in one of these theft deals. With that many charges, hopefully that guy will be off the street for a long time.

23. Anyway, while we were waiting around for the hearse to show up, we wandered around looking at the stones. One of the guys yells, "Come over here and check this out!". Behind the groundskeeper's shed was a stack of old gravestones. It was obvious they were "collected". They would keep an eye out for graves that hadn't been visited in years and steal the stones, I'm sure to sell back to a disreputable monument company

Or the stones could have been..repossessions.. Yes they repossess gravestones that were not fully paid for.

24. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Or the stones could have been..repossessions.. Yes they repossess gravestones that were not fully paid for.[/QUOTE]

Oh, now you've done it. Next thing we know there will be a show on TV entitled "Operation Tombstone Repo" !!!!!!!! The TV Producers are pretty much out of ideas, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them jump on this one. :rolleyes::D

Don