Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Trailer Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by C9, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Most of you know I got an enclosed race car trailer recently.
    Mainly for the move to AZ - which seems to be getting started very slowly.

Anyhoo, when we get to the new house, it's gonna be a tight squeak to get the trailer into the back.
    There's about 2" clearance on each side.
    I do ok backing a trailer, but I ain't that good.

So - what I need to know is, what do you call the battery powered wheeled gizmo that lifts the trailer tongue using the ball hitch and you can maneuver the trailer into place by hand with an electric motor assist.

Most times I'm working alone and there's no way I can roll the trailer up a gravel driveway with a very slight incline, but it looks like one of the power unit thingies would do it.

2. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

Trailer dolly

We sell quite a few of them out here at car shows.

So you are retiring to the land of Buicks and blue haired horny old ladies?

3. SimonSez

SimonSez

I don't know anything about what you are describing, but a cheaper alternative would be to put a temporary trailer hitch on the front of your car or truck. You can manouver the trailer a lot more accurately that way.

4. shifts

shifts

Its called a "Power Pusher" made by Nu*Star Inc. We have one to move daed cars around with, works super. They are made in Shakopee, Minn.(952) 445-8295 or website: www.nustarinc.com. Dave

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

It may be hard to find in Arizona, but a lawn tractor with a ball mounted on it will get the trailer were it needs to go easily.

6. [ QUOTE ]
    So you are retiring to the land of Buicks and blue haired horny old ladies?

[/ QUOTE ]

Buicks anyway.
    I got Buick motors so I oughta fit right in.... [​IMG]

I'm looking forward to rock lawns at the AZ house and in fact have my lawn tractor/lawn trailer combo for sale here.
    Or did....

That's a great idea Tommy.
    It didn't even cross my mind.
    I believe I'll drag it to AZ along with the other stuff....

Thanks for the info guys.

7. Hi C9-Have someone airbrush a mountain and some tumbleweeds an cactiiiii all over it and park it in front! [​IMG]

8. C9, I do exactly what Tommy suggested. I have an old International Cub Cadet that used to do lawn mowing duties when I lived in KY. I welded up a little bracket to mount a 2-inch trailer ball on the back where it did have a small bracket with a hole. Works great to move my car trailer around, although it's just a standard open trailer. Now that I have small lawn and don't use it for mowing, I took the deck off. It is my trailer and dead car push vehicle now.

Only problem is that since I never trailer my car, the battery in the tractor always dies. I have the trailer left over form my drag racing days and it's handy to keep around for me or friends that need to haul a non-running car.