Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Stuff in Toronto?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fargoguy, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fargoguy

fargoguy

I have to head to Toronto in a couple of weeks. Anyone suggest any car stuff to see while i'm there? Will be in Toronto and Oakville mostly. Thanks, Evan

2. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

I was there last year.

Nobody speaks English there anymore. It looked like it had been taken over by the middle east.

I asked, and all the Canuks had moved to the burbs..lol.

Saw a seriously cool 57 Meteor driving around though, so maybe all is not lost.....

3. teejay99

teejay99

You've got that right about Toronto ...it's a changed world I'm afraid .

T

4. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Around this time of the year man pretty slim pickings. Couple weeks ago a few Canadian Hamb members got together but with the weather starting to turn and winter starting to set in not much going on man.
    J

5. You can always drive down the qew and strip an old 47 ford coupe. Hahaha. Sorry. That's all I've got.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. NASTY 1

NASTY 1

Most of the newcomers in Toronto wear there turbos on their heads, LOL, don't waste your time in Toronto, lots of gun action there, it's BAD

7. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Good to see that the Canadian racists are chimming in on this post. Fuck?
    J

8. fargoguy

fargoguy

Not really the ideas i wanted. Sorry for touching such a hot spot- apparently i'm on my own.

9. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

WTF are you talking about?! Not true at all!
    The crimes you hear about rarely actually take place in "Toronto"
    I hang out downtown all the time and none of that shit happens down here near where I live.

Fargoguy, join the GTA social group in the community groups on here and ask.
    I'm sure we could get some guys together while you're here!

Everyone talking shit can STFU!

10. Yep.

11. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Nah man I think that you just got a bunch of shit from guys chimming in and hating big time.
    Make sure that you touch base with NortonG man! Sounds like he might get something together when you head to TO.
    J

12. you could always go to legendary motor car in Milton. lots of nice top quality cars and if you go on saturday you can get a tour of the shop

13. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Problem is there will probably be snow in a couple of weeks and the "car" season has really come to an end. If you go to Legendary Motors in Milton you can also take in Horton's Hot Rods there as well.

In west end Toronto there is Performance Improvements in Etobicoke on Advance Road. Nice folks. Hopefully someone might jump in as there are some really good car clubs like The Roadmates but you would probably need an invite.

Hope you have fun. Lots of great food and entertainment from many lands. Like any big city use some common sense and you will be fine. Have a great time.

14. Muttley

Muttley

Unfortunately the NHL is in the midst of a strike or you could watch some really lousy Hockey. ;) Go Bruins. :D

15. Grumbler

Grumbler

It's all Bettmans fault for propping up money loser teams in those hockey hotbeds of Phoenix and Miami [​IMG]

16. NASTY 1

NASTY 1

You won't have to buy any of those cool stick-on bullet holes LOL.

17. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

My thoughts concerning the GTA, Mississauga (which really IS Toronto)/Toronto etc. and Canadian policy in general is:

Diversity for diversity's sake is bad. But if diversity occurs naturally, i.e., New York city, then good.

In other words, don't bring someone in simply because they are different, bring someone in who has something to offer and if they are different from the norm, fine.

Maybe i'm wrong, but it seems like Canada is going out of their way to promote diversity and i don't think that's necessarily the right way to go about it.

Really the only problem i had with Mississauga was that the storefronts were all boring and lacked style---very third worldish.............

18. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

19. Unfortunately, as others have said, we've shut down quite a bit as we are gearing up for winter.

As others have mentioned, Legendary Motorcar is well worth the trip to see. The HAMB friendly cars vary depending the day/months but some stunning examples of rare and high dollar cars. Plus, they film a tv show there, so depending on when you are visiting, they may be filming/gearing up to film.

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/site/

The Cadillac Lounge is Toronto is a fun place to have a drink. Depending on the night, live bands and lots of interesting characters.

http://www.cadillaclounge.com

Otherwise, shoot me a PM, or as NortonG suggested, join the Toronto HAMB group. Maybe we can set up a meet, or at least a few drinks.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=746

Safe travels!

First off, were you bumping this post because no one responded to your comments? Or were you bumping this thread in hopes that the OP might get some real answers that he was looking for.

Second, Mississauga and Toronto are different cities. Is Mississauga part of the GTA? Yes. Is Mississauga part of Toronto? No.
    Just in case you were confused, Oakville is not part of Mississauga, and by extension is not part of Toronto either. They just happen to be large cities that are geographically close.

Third, many Canadians would agree with your sentiments about diversity. However, the problem is bigger than "diversity for diversity's sake". It's not like we just sit around and decide, 'oh hey, lets let a boat load of foreigners in, just to see what happens.'
    Canada has a declining population rate, which is counteracted through immigration. Not the best plan, but a program that has been in place for too long to stop now. Additionally, landed immigrants, when meeting the government requirements, are able to sponsor family members and bring them to Canada. So unless we decide to change our entire foreign policy on immigration, it's a big machine that cannot be easily stopped/changed. Don't forget, landed immigrants are voters as well.

Fourth, I'm not sure where 'Trashington' is, but I'll venture to assume it's not here (in Mississauga). Your opinions and views on our political policy, as well as our storefronts, are not relevant to the OP's question, and really aren't relevant to the HAMB in general.

And yes, I guess Mississauga is very third worldish. We can't all be cutting edge and we do lack style. Thank you for pointing that out. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

20. McKee

McKee

Nothing to see here,.. move along.

21. Marylin! I am just up the street from her right now, what a cool building!

22. Well said, Speedy. Evidently asking for something to do is an invitation for the small-minded morons to beat on their chests.

Not a lot of car stuff going on these days, but plenty of good stuff to see, do, eat and listen to in Toronto.

23. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

I guess I was misled by reading the Toronto papers. Lots of shooting, lots of crime. Been a long time since I saw a white face in the crime news. Just facing facts. No use complaining, that train left the station a long time ago.

24. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

This is a terrible post....

25. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Not only Terrible... but fucking moronic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.