Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Car stuff in Florida: Destin, Miramar, Fort Walton Beach

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by IowaMercMan, Feb 12, 2013.

1. hey guys, I'm in Florida on vacation next week (Feb 16-23) and wondering about hotrod events, cruise-ins or car-guy stuff going on.

We're staying in Destin but I have plenty of mobility.

Thanks!

2. Bill in Al

Bill in Al

Hollywood and Davie used to have great weekend cruise-ins.Google will probably set you right on them.

3. LAROKE

LAROKE

4. not close,,,but,,, Garlits Museum in Ocala, just off I75

5. 64falconsix

64falconsix
    from Daphne Al.

I Love Destin, My Brother and sister inlaw own a couple of rental units there. the wife and I try to go a couple of times a year.We are only about 1 1/2 hours drive away I will check the events for that area but the closest I know of right off are a small cruisin in Pensacola every Saturday night , they usally get about 60 or so cars from several different clubs, maybe an hour drive from Destin.

Edit.. looks like a show in Fort Walton beach on the 16th (about 20 Minute drive) and a Mopar show in Panama city on the 23rd ( about a 30 minute drive from Destin ). Cruisin on the 16th in Fort Walton Beach . http://www.flacarshows.com/cr-sat-df.htm . Panama City and Pensacola cruisins are about halfway down the page. http://www.flacarshows.com/cr-sat-pr.htm

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  6. George

George

Show on the 16th is at the Fairgrounds, FWB. Haven't heard anything on the Mopar show in P.C.

7. 59 brook

59 brook

if your in miramar in south florida head north on university drive and look for the davie home depot store on the right side just before 595(crosses over university) friday nite cruise everything from classics to modern muscle ,military,ricers,rats) and a couple restuarants thrown in also getsaround 250 350 cars runs from 5 till around 10

8. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Sumpter county swap meet this weekend three day show. Fri sat and sun.

9. George

George

Destin is between Pensacola & Panama City, most of these y'all have mentioned are 5-8 hours away.

10. Gman0046

Gman0046

We have a beach house between Destin and Panama City. There is not much car activity in the area other then a car show in Panama City the first friday of the month. Pensacola is 90 miles away so I'm not sure what activity they have.

11. Thanks everyone! Really looking forward to the Florida sunshine.

Walt

12. George

George

There's a cruise in @ Burger King on 9 Mile Rd. on the north side of P'cola every Sat night. Not sure if it's worth driving over there for unless you're over there to visit something like the Navy Air Museum & Ft. Barrancas on the Navy Base.

13. Overtime

Overtime

I'm in Pensacola and hit the burger king cruise in from time to time...it's really not worth the drive from destin. Last week there were probably 50 cars and maybe 5 were hamb friendly, mostly newer stuff with some muscle cars thrown in

14. boutlaw

boutlaw

If you make it to Pensacola, check out Powerline Speed and Marine, Bobby Alexander. Great guy, neat shop, definitely a HAMB friendly guy. He's about a mile from the Pensacola NAS maingate, Aviation Museum is definitely worth the visit.

BOutlaw