Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car stolen in Dallas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CB_Chief, Oct 8, 2007.

1. The car is a '54 Tudor Customline runnig all ford under the hood. Jim had it parked legally in the hotel parking lot where he was staying. He went down for the OU/Texas game and knows within a 2 hour timeframe when it was removed from the lot. He has insurance on it but not as much as he has invested so eventually he might get a settlement. The insurance company said it could take up to 30 days for the DFW police to respond to the insurance company investigator.

Jim has been getting a lot of emails from HAMBers but most of them are asking questions about what motor, tranny, etc. I will get as much info thsi mornign as possible and post it here. He has been wading through a lot of emails and appreciates the interest from fellow rodders.

2. Corvette64

Corvette64

Its called ILLEGAL immigration. Why do you think we're ready to round em up ourselves?

3. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

(quote) Just curious.. I hear everyone complaining about the Police, but serious how can you improve. (quote)

How about i lil common courtesy & compassion ?

9 times outa 10 the officer shows up like you are dragging him from a free steak dinner & dancing girls with an attitude to boot.

If a guy decides that being an Officer Of The Law is the career he wants to follow, Why do so many have such a shitty attitude when they show up for a call or pull somone over for a simple vehicle violation ?

Here we have a guy that has just lost his vehicle, and from the sound of it, the officers involved dont give a rats ass about what has happened.

The sad part is, if the ownwer or any other car person finds the guy in possesion of said car.... Beats the crap outa the guy & then calls a cop, The cop that shows up will arrest the guy for kicking the thiefs ass.

Very seldom will a cop go out of his way for anything unless BOTH partys are readilly available.

So maybe as a Police officer you should treat every victim the same way you would if it were your Wife or family..... Not as if they were a burden on your day.

Thats how YOU could improve Law Inforcement.

4. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

AMEN BROTHER !!!!

Just another reason to close the fuckin boarder !!

No Person from any other country can come in ILLEGAL and get away with it, So why the fuck can they ?

5. RoyalChoppers

RoyalChoppers

It is probably in an enclosed trailer on the way to a container ship in the gulf to go over seas. It is too recognizable to try and drive it around. Close our damn borders. It is getting old.

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

F*ckin' theives. In Texas, auto theft is no longer a felony. Just a slap on the wrist.[/quote]

maybe they need to make shooting car thiefs not a felony:cool:

7. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

i'm the guy that owns the 54 ford.i reported the car gone within minutes.that was friday at 945 pm.the report was made today at 200 pm by the dallas county police...nearly five days passed before the case was even assigned to anyone to take the report.that's my complaint ...as for looking for my car,i appreciate the help..but the emails wanting to know my build specs need to stop..please.

8. Thumper

Thumper

Bump for the cause.

Shitbag thieves...lowlifes....

9. Big Tony

Big Tony

may one of us find the thief when the cops are writing tickets.

10. primered_69

primered_69

Actually Car Theft known as UUMV (Unlawful use of a motor Vehicle) is still as state jail felony in the state of Texas. First offense carries up to 2 years day for day, no good time. Second offense carries 2-10.

11. primered_69

primered_69

Actually that changed September 1, 2007, the castle Doctrine law came into effect,

" If a criminal unlawfully enters or intrudes into your home, occupied vehicle, or place of business, you can presume that he is there to cause death or great bodily harm, and you may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against him."

12. I'm now in a small Oregon town (5000 population) but what i've done here is make some casual acquaintanses with Police Officers & Prison Guards who volunteer as officers who are also in the car hobby. It doesn't have to be rods. They know how we feel & are our best advocate to keep the search going.

I did the same in northern Oakland County, Michigan when I lived there.

Unfortunantely my trailer & car were stolen approx 100 miles away. Fell on deaf ears in AA Mi. to be sure

13. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

I still would call impound my buddys car was stollen dumped two blocks away at a buss yard .It was then taken too impund 4 months later they tried to charge $1500 in fees to retreive the car which they then realized was sold in an auction. He never got his car back. He was SOL

14. Turbo442

Turbo442

ttt... this sucks. I really do feel for the owner after going thru this as well.
    A few thoughts on the subject..... So can anyone here recognize a stolen car being driven down the street? Seriously, every 30 seconds one is stolen so we drive by and next to car thiefs everyday. I can understand when the cops are like "Now what? One of the 300,000 cars in this town was just stolen and may not even be in town anymore". Hell my car was stolen in less than 3 minutes and a witness seen the guy standing around it right before he took it.
    They could be more sympathetic, I agree. I know I could do more to have prevented the theft, LoJack, GPS etc. When I think about all the things I spent money on I could easily have made that a priority purchase.

I do think we need to write our lawmakers on how stricter punishments need to be put in place.

A lot of car thefts are by the same people repeatedly.
    Stockton, CA was one of the highest theft rates until they began holding the thiefs until they saw a judge. previously they booked them, printed and released, sometimes within a few hours. So it does work.