Register now to get rid of these ads!

car shows???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by psycho sean, Aug 29, 2012.

1. psycho sean

psycho sean

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the increase of bran new cars and trucks at car shows and cruze ins wtf I can goto the dealership and see them and now they are winning trophys not that I give a $#!t about something I gotta dust but there are cars guys put there blood sweat and most there paycheck into this just ain't right and the ore 62 shows are getting mid to late 60s. Cars

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Then.... don't go to those shows. Works for me. I have yet to be somewhere I didn't want to be.

3. this would be a great time for the beatin a dead horse emoticon

4. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Right there with you on that one Fred!:rolleyes:
    KK

5. Yawn!!!

I'm with ya' on this one.

6. wizzard23

wizzard23

But the Psycho does have a good point- car shows suck.

7. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

8. psycho sean

psycho sean

I have quit going to a lot of them for that reason. Among others that I can't stomach to say as much as I can't stomach to see. I guess I should have asked if it bothers anyone else as much as me to see this at car shows. I guess maybe I'm still set in the old ways that car shows are for old cars not new

9. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Too many posts in too few days.

This argument is tired and pointless.

10. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

:DI went to a carshow at the local chevrolet dealership and everything was late model....Oh wait it wasnt a car show theu were just selling cars. Same difference right ?

11. mike1951

mike1951
    from Colorado

Back street kustoms used to throw a great show out here. If you bring your car your family got to eat for free, people were cool, nice cars, good music, good vibes, and everyone got something from car parts to hot wheels... I miss that one. Now I just drive my car and work on it.

Posted from Jalopyjournal.com App for Android

12. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Popcorn anyone?........

13. I just don't get some, ok, most of the car shows. I enjoy just getting out and driving mine. The few shows I go to are more for the people than the cars. Now if there is a drag race with it, that's another thing entirely.

Fred has the best advice here.

14. Ah...who cares, they make good filler.

15. No no no, you were in the parking lot. The show was around the building.

16. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Last show I went to in Mi. a brand new F350 dually won best truck. To top it off, he was a member of the club that put the show on.

17. fitzee

fitzee

beat a dead horse or not..this is the first i seen of a post like this!! I agree..we have a group of new Mustang owners that get to the show early to get the best spots!! I drive to the show and pass the ford dealership with 6 new stangs on the lot only to arrive at that show to see 6 more!! then you see that rear hot rod that is only out 3 times a year drive by the show and keep going cause the lot is full!! I want to set up a pre 63 show here cause all the late 60s stuff is bugging me too..

18. At cruise to the woods car show last year i got stuck next to eight bran new corvettes from some gay club! they dusted them at least 20 times when i quit counting n complained when their cars werent gettin enuff attention! mad cuz my traditional was and i hadnt dusted mine once lol!

19. hankthebigdog

hankthebigdog
    from oklahoma

I would rather drive mine thatn show it. Makes for a better day all around. JM$.02

20. That's because all the others were closed and deleted. This one should soon follow the others.

This thread is hangin' on by a.... well...... thread!

21. burnout2614

burnout2614

Hi-jacking here. October 6 Anyone in my part of AL bring your Hot Rod to my place. Free food,music and dancing girls! peace

22. I don't give a shit about trophies either. Shit is what $#!t means isn't it?

I think thw whole deal is the everybody is a winner I'm OK you're OK attitude that we have developed in this country for one thing. I mean so what if your best deal is credit, craftsmanship and effort don't really count if everyone is a winner right?

I also think that in some venues it is the bottom line, if I am charging for entires and I am not getting enough to pay the bills and my membership to the Pebble Beach golf club, I'll take their money it spends as good as the other guys, right?

Anyway it is two fold the way I see it, I'm OK you're OK and cash in the wallet.

Edit:

OK that was a little mean, it has to do with total acceptance of everyone and diversity. World peace and all that love your neighbor stuff.

23. Ole don

Ole don

That emoticon made me laugh my butt half off. About the cars, didja ever think maybe its because they have the money and we have the skill? They wanna be us, but they dont know how!!!

24. that's why our car club is hosting an invite only car show this week end , and we tell them what car to bring. and the general public is not invited

25. So if I wash it can I come in the wifes late model Silverado? its got a couple of dings so it should fit right in. :D:D:D

I haven't done a cruise or a car show since about '03. Nothing against them and the invite only is a good idea. Two reasons I guess, I don't think that my beaters are show worthy and I have grown tired of the my new lexus is real nice mentality.

26. Porknbeaner can come by himself cuz everyone knows he s a classic!

27. sure , bring it....if you can find the location

28. Well I do use an older form of GPS, grand pa's savvy.

If you were not so far, I would come just to visit and park around the block. An invitational is bound to have some sharp rides to ooogle and the fellas that built them are sure to have something of value to say.

29. Wow Beaner, you've gone high tech!

I still use crow!