Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Car shows in Europe this summer?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChrisBlattie, Jun 9, 2018.

1. ChrisBlattie

ChrisBlattie
    from Montana

My wife and I are headed to Amsterdam on June 23rd and then gonna drive around Europe & wind up in Rome on July 14th to come home. I looked around online for some information on hot rod shows in Europe this summer and couldn't really find anything. I was wondering if some of you might know of anything happenin over there, and when & where we might be able to go see some rods!

39WILLZ likes this.
  2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

EuroNats 2018 will take place on June 29-30, in Högbo Bruk outside Sandviken.

I just back from a 7wk motorhome tour of Europe (Italy, Austria, France, Monte-Carlo, Spain, Germany, Belguim) and travelled over 5,000mls. No luck at all with any car events. I only saw a couple of late model US SUVS and a Corvette the entire trip. The roads are not that good by comparison IMHO and are narrow apart from freeways. We travelled both back and main roads. If you drive the freeways be prepared for lots of tolls, we spent over €400 per van in the first 5wks before we handed them in and hired an SUV to drive southern Italy via the back roads later returning the SUVS to the airport. I wouldn't drive Rome again as road rule compliance with locals seems to be optional. Narrow streets and no where to park. It's definitely an experience!!! Take a European hard copy road atlas as well as electronic navigation. Get a quality phonecard and download Outlook and Messenger as well as a tablet or I-pad. Download offline free maps as a backup or use Google maps. Be prepared!

Hope you have more luck than me with car shows along the way. After driving Europe you can come home to destress and recover.:D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    FinnishFireball likes this.
  3. Any Europe or UK people care to talk about Goodwood Revival? It seems like a whole even to plan for?
    This may be a show on my long term list.
    Pros-Con? Late late summer.
    Looks to be like a Viva style event when it on weekdays and a weekend.
    https://www.goodwood.com/flagship-events/goodwood-revival/

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  4. T. Turtle

T. Turtle

5. AndersF

AndersF