Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Car Show today in Logan,Ohio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BuckeyeBuicks, Aug 26, 2018.

1. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Here is a couple of shots of the car show held today on the streets of Logan, Ohio. There was over 150 registered, mostly OT stuff. The 48 Pick-up is my cousins, the 65 Buick Skylark is my sons. There were few more H.A.M.B friendly cars and trucks but my camera crapped out on me. There were plenty of jacked up 4X4 trucks, new Muskrats, Camaros and Challengers than no body wants to see and even one rodent rod. Over all a good time even though the temps shot up to the hubs of hell level. DSCF3624.JPG DSCF3626.JPG

2. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I am trying to talk my cousin into trashing the wheels on his pick-up for some www and steel wheels. I think he might be coming around to the idea. I am not too crazy about the paint color but he likes it, and he is the only one that counts. The Skylark is mostly a driver with a few chips in the paint and stock 300 4 barrel engine but it cleans up pretty well.

3. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

When I was a kid, the courthouse there had the coolest christmas lights, and I would be scared to death they would close the gates at night coming home from Eastland and we wouldnt be able to make it home to Athens.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

It has not changed that much over the years. They still have the same Christmas lights and they are just as neat as ever. The gates are still there but the town is now by-passed. Back in the day the gates were a starting point for many drag races on both the east and west ends of town. I just went through Athens yesterday, the main downtown section is pretty much the same as it has been for as long as I can remember but the outlaying areas are building up fast. What year did you move from this area?

5. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I moved out here in 1999. I have been back a few times, as my mom lives on The Plains. I reckon Logan has been bypassed since the mid to late '60's. The Lancaster Bypass is awesome, and finally they bypassed Nelsonville, as I am sure you know. I took Auto Body at Tri-County, with several guys from Logan and South Bloomingville. Class of 1979.

6. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

My son-in-law is the postmaster in The Plains. Those by passes sure makes for speedy trips to and from Columbus compared to what it used to be. Every one was especially happy to see the Nelsonville by pass finished, every one except the business owners in town that is, it killed s few of them off.

7. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Mom lives a couple blocks from the post office there, directly south. Nelsonville could have saved themselves some grief if their traffic signals would have been synchronized a little better, and I read a couple years ago The Parade of the Hills is no longer. I would imagine The Moonshine Festival in New Straitsville and The Old Settlers Reunion in Jacksonville may have passed by the wayside by now also. One last thing, that I almost forgot, the last place I worked at in Ohio back in '99, was at Carborundum, there in Logan.

8. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

The Parade of the Hills, Moonshine Festival and Old Steelers Reunion are still going strong. I was a city mail carrier in Nelsonville for 20 years, always hated the week of the Parade of the Hills as it was a huge PITA for me to get around with the Square blocked off.

s55mercury66 likes this.