Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Car Show Music-What Are Your Top 5 Songs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Hot Rod Grille, Aug 6, 2021.

1. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Stop right there! You don't know me at all and you'll never catch me at your honky-tonk
    band's gigs. Steel guitars and fiddles make me either want to laugh or puke, unless you
    happen to be Hank Snow, Ernest Tubb or someone of that ilk. Over the past 55 years I've
    listened to enough early rock 'n roll to never have to hear most of it ever again. Too many great oldies have been played to death. It
    seems that most guys are mentioning the same tired type of songs (if not the songs themselves)
    that the original poster may have been referring to.

Instead of Elvis, how about Ral Donner or Terry Stafford
    Instead of Chuck Berry, how about Lonnie Mack, Johnny Rivers or Dave Edmunds
    Instead of some crappy neo honky tonk, how about Dorsey Burnette

We don't need the same yawners show after show cranked to 11.

Supertramp, 10CC, Squeeze, Poco, Foghat (the bluesy stuff)...now you're talking.
    And there's a ton of mellow pop music for those old lovers who pull in with their
    '57 Bel Air convertible (with skirts, of course) or '63 Galaxie (with narrow whites
    and the correct wheel covers) and want to dig on the memories and camaraderie with long time friends.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  2. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To me live, is always best! On any given night my top 5 are in these guy’s playlist. Mostly sounding better than the original versions. They will be rockn’ out at Macungie…as usual! A93A10B6-AD9F-4B47-BC06-D2A4DDDA4A32.jpeg

1low52 likes this.
  3. AccurateMike

AccurateMike

4. Never heard of it.

5. I went to a small show this spring and the husband and wife team playing music had it cranked to an obnoxious level. I was in line to get some food and it just so happened Mr DJ himself got in line behind me and said something to me. I answered honestly, "I CAN'T HEAR A GODDAMNED THING YOU'RE SAYING"

quick85, 5window and Deuces like this.
  6. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

So much for the rebel spirit of hot rodding and rock music.

MCjim likes this.