Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Show in Mitchell South Dakota???When

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PasoJohn, Aug 21, 2005.

1. PasoJohn

PasoJohn
    from Edina,Mn.

Does anybody know about a car show in Mitchell South Dakota in September? I've heard from a couple of HAMBer's about this show and they think they saw the advertisement in maybe Old School Rods,Any Info would be great.

Moriarity likes this.
  2. 31Rodder

31Rodder

The show is scheduled for September 23, 24 and 25th. Eyeball, CJ and I will be heading down to it.

Hot Rods - Pre '48
    Kustoms & Leadsleds - Pre '73
    Rat Rods & Unfinished Cars - Pre '73
    (No "Factory Original" Cars)
    Poker Walks & Door Prizes for the Ladies
    Garage Tours - Poker Run - Supper - Drive-In Movie
    Battle of the Bands

Bo Huff - World Famous Customizer & Hall of Fame Member

"Stella" - World Famous Pinstriper

$20.00 SATURDAY SHOW ONLY - $10.00 CRUISE NIGHT

For information call Mike Hale 605-966-7203 evenings or email [email protected]

3. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Is it in the Corn Palace?

4. Anyone besides me going?

5. Several Rapid City guys going, I am working on the new shop. May make it? Who knows. It is shaping up to be a good show, too bad its in Mitchell, the armpit of South Dakota!

6. overspray

overspray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Does that mean that you live near the crotch?

overspray

7. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

is it just me, or does a car show pale in comparison to the opportunity to view a building made of corn?

8. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Not to mention the world's best pheasant hunting.

9. The Black Hills are the big throbbing unit! Everyone wants a piece of the Hills!'

FWIW, Mitchell, Redfield and Huron are the whipping posts of the state, folks always agree that those are shitty cities and the folks have attitudes.

The high school Mitchell Kernel jock supporters have shed a dark light on that town.

10. gregga

gregga

My parents live in Huron. Please don't put it in the same category with Mitchell. I remember when Mitchell got sanctioned for knifing visitors for football games. Not good sports. Anyway, when I visit, it seems like every third person up there drives a street machine, street rod or hot rod. And I mean drives. Theres a guy in a '32 3-window with a blown big block that has his own cruise night all weekend. I've looked at some neat stuff in sheds up there, too. A '59 Elky next to a complete, clean Cosworth Vega. Lots of tin in the fields around there, too, because they use gravel, not salt. Of course, it's like stepping back 25 years to walk in a store there.