Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest car prices

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadgary, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Squablow

Squablow

Yup, I've noticed the same thing. Even oddball models/years, and big dually trucks, the shit you could barely give away 10 or 15 years ago. Old school buses and box vans too.

It's neat to see builders give some love to these previously unloved projects, (and generally relatively-younger builders too) but man, I never would have guessed.

2. exterminator

exterminator

Noticed that some nice 40s and even some 50s convertables have been coming down in price lately. What ever happened to the saying ( that when the top comes down, the price goes up). Exterminator

3. I like it
    Love my bus, currently building a step van.
    The prices of those have risen a good bit. Luckily I got mine from a scrap yard. I would say the popularity of these have a few simple reasons.
    1. As folks see these modified, folks discover another option in their old ride quest.
    2. Demographic changes. Newer generations don’t understand the labeling of older cars or the cut off dates for something being cool.
    Old is old and cool is cool.
    3. The popularity of “as found” being cool. Busses, vans, service trucks can be built and be cool without the added expense on paint and body work.
    4. Utility purposes. I use my bus like a truck. Parts, engines,..... if it fits it hauls. Plus I can clean it up and sleep in it.

I like this “new trend”

Squablow likes this.
  4. Knowledge of the current market trends, both the depreciating as well as the appreciating trends allow anyone to make a fair offer, now if the seller can't appreciate that be willing to walk away from the sale.
    Stay current, the market is constantly changing.
    Sales of collector type cars have to be considered on an individual basis..there are far to many generalizations, when in reality these cars are as unique as the perspective buyers are.
    Emotions can sometimes get in the way of making the right deal.

5. 6sally6

6sally6

Got TWO words fer ye.................Barrett Jackson!!
    Prices to the moon and then EVERYBODY figgers their 55 Chevy or Mustang/Camero is worth at least 2/3rds that much so.........55 Chevys go for 30-40 and Mustangs the same.:eek:
    They have skewed the prices of ALL older(not just classics-older) cars/trucks.
    6sally6

jimmy six likes this.
  6. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

When guys like Tony Stewart or a Rick Hendrick go to auctions they are not worried about us little sh#ts, if they want it or deem it's " too cool for school" they own it. Probably, market value is only part of the equation for them

7. j3harleys likes this.
  8. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Hope he finds two, I’m in.

9. X-cpe

X-cpe

I guess that name's of some shops do carry a certain cachet.

10. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i like what everybody has to say. so what if this has been posted before. you no likey don't look. i guess what i was trying to say in my post was, how can you buy a car for 30k and even want to drive it. i can't even afford to buy a car for 10k and drive it. i build every part that i can on my cars so i can get the price lower than most. i have pretty much been priced out of the market nowadays. if i buy a project it is something so bad nobody else would want it. when i get it done i am not afraid to drive it. and i drive the wheels off of anything i build. my henry j gasser got 25k miles on it the first year.

11. Squablow

Squablow

I'm hoping to buy a 40's or 50's era convertible in the next couple years and I have seen some fairly good deals lately, which is great for me. They were untouchable for a long time.

12. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

BUMP. A wheeler dealer friend was just telling me stuff is selling like crazy. The government is printing money and throwing out the windows.

FWIW

13. A Boner

A Boner

That explains the high cost of Weather Tech products!

seb fontana likes this.