Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car parts in the house

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oilcan Harry, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Speedsterinc

Speedsterinc

Does this count? Model T in the living room.

Attached Files:

2. So I'm not the only one? There is someone else with auto parts in the house... We have had a vast array of auto parts in our house, where to begin???... keep in mind these have been stored in various rooms of the house (living room, bedroom, family room, most every room) a 2 speed Lenco transmission, blown up pistons -used for ashtrays (even though we don't smoke), engine blocks, cylinder heads, valves, lifters, manifolds, a 671 Mooneyham blower with Enderle injector (on his dresser), mallory super mags, and various other parts, not to mention a Jr. dragster in the family room. Gear heads or what? I'm thankful at least the parts usually rotate in/out of the house, so now we are trying for mostly just in the garage. That is unless its cold out and we need to rebuild the transmission on the kitchen table. Then to really make is day and talk of the town, when a good friend of ours stopped by/stayed with us while in the area with his Nitro Funny Car and they started it in our little neighborhood. 25 years of car parts/ racecar parts in our home. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

3. Rich B.

Rich B.
    Member Emeritus
    from Portage,IN

Just my Coupe!

Attached Files:

4. FONZI

FONZI

Under my bed is every piece of new glass for my chevy.

FONZI

5. RAG66

RAG66
    from WASHINGTON

For 3.5 years I stored Impala stuff in the back bathroom & under the bed, in the closets. The tuff part was remembering were my car was when I wanted to put it back together!:D

6. Deadbird

Deadbird

Yup, gave the kitchen a little face lift a while back. Snuck a few things in with the rest of the clutter. It was the wife's idea believe it or not.

kitchen-1.jpg kitchen-2.jpg kitchen-3.jpg

7. I"m in

N.O.S. blower cam,push rods,lifters under the couch :p

Oldmics 56/57 T Birds

8. I couldn't even begin to count, Chevy II Driveshaft leaning on wall next to the kitchen door, Pair of NOS early hemi cyl. head water fills for my FED project in the hallway on a bookcase, Mondello ported 354 heads for the same in my bedroom closet, Cam, roller lifters, AFR Aluminum cylinder heads, ARP head bolts, polished throttle body and Mass Air Flow meter, and ported GT-40 intake manifold for a VERY broken Blown Lincoln Mark VII, 1934 Ford Gas Tank under the bed, and various pieces of NOS and reproduction trim I've been collecting in preparation to paint the El Camino next year. I'm going to stop now cause this is just reminding how far behind I've gotten on my projects!

9. Dangler

Dangler
    from CHICO, CA

I just moved my disc brake conversion to the garage.
    So, the only thing left in the house is an extra pair of '58 Edsel headlight bezels...
    [​IMG]

10. slamdpup

slamdpup

i know i do....my office closet has alot of parts that ive bought from the hamb and swap meets and my bedroom closet has a stainless tube grill bought from a hamber and my 54 chevy rear glass..hell maybe more...i think theres some in the laundry room to.. keep my fillers and primers and in my hallway closet. always room tempurture..thinkin about it i got shit everywhere..

11. Abomination

Abomination

That's badass!

~Jason

12. ange 33

ange 33
    from over here

i have a brookville 32 rpu , 4 intakes, 4 97`s, 2 sets of rear bones, set of front bones, pair of e&j`s, henry 32 rad shell + 2 org incerts, a henry 32 pu shell, henry 33 pu shell, 3 rads v8 to match shells, 3 banjo wheeles,4 w/s frames,patch panels, port-a-walls, 49 merc dash,6 pair of spindels, 3 sets of buick drums,sbc heads and 1/2 a harely.and a whack of misilanous parts ie axils lights trim ect.and i just sold a bv 32 roadster last friday that was also down there.

13. My wife likes to comment that I am building one of the hotrods in the basement, I do try to keep it to a minimum, we have a fairly small house at just under 2000 sq/ft there is not alot of room for "parts". But after searching for a few years and finally got the deal together, I was not going to lose the set of doors for my dads truck.

[​IMG]

This used to be parked in a friends rec room next to the pinball machines. It finally got in the way of the pool table(s) and is now hanging from the shop ceiling.

[​IMG]

s.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  14. RacerRick

RacerRick

Hmmm...the plate rail in my dining room is full of vintage tachs and guages, old steering wheels, cast valve covers, models, and old dealers literature. The bookshelves have multiple holley carbs on them, a couple of guage clusters and grills from a 2nd gen Z28, corvette valve covers, a couple of cool old vintage intakes and some parts I am forgetting. On the floor is a BBF into fox body conversion setup with the Ford Racing oil pan, engine mounts, and a few other bits.

Downstairs is where all the big car parts are. Piles of chrome spares for the 57', complete Z28 interior awaiting reinstallations, complete 69' Dart interior waiting for reinstallation, and boxes of misc parts.

15. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I have a four bedroom house so one bedroom is a catchall for my stuff. have a complete sbc tripower setup ready to go, nos early mallory flat top for the same, my gennie 32 grill is in there along with a 32 hood top. got about 100 trophies from racing and car shows in there too. come to think about it, I really need to go through that room and organize some of that stuff!

when I lived with my old man I built two sets of 32 rails in the cellar and carried them out the hatchway. there's still a midget frame down there under the stairs too. had boxes of parts for my 32 stuffed in my closet before they were ready to go on the car. most of em are bolted on now.......

16. Abomination

Abomination

[​IMG]

Attached Files: