Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car parts in the house

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oilcan Harry, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

How many of you have car parts in your house? Not in an attached garage, but in the house. I was sitting here in my computer room, looked around, and realized I have : a 51 Buick tailight assembly, a Flathead adjustable lifter, a Flathead valve guide retainer clip, an Edelbrock Slingshot manifold top, a steel 26 T radiator shell, an aged now off white steering wheel, 2 shift levers [don't know how they got in here], 2 50s style license plate frames, and a 60s style chrome tack in here.
    I once bought a Vega steering box from a guy that had 4 of them stored under his bed.
    Any one else this weird or will I be in my intervention counseling session alone?

2. PsychoBandito

PsychoBandito
    from Montreal

i have a Stromberg W-W i use as a paperweight, some old car springs, a brake disk worn to 1/8 i took off the DD i bought last year (EEEK!) and a bunch of boxes of air ride stuff, all in my bedroom.

yes

i am weird to.

3. Gigantor

Gigantor

Doesn't everyone? Do you mean to tell me that's not normal? The trick is to make it look like a decoration ... unless it really is a decoration.

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

This is in my basement,...... does this qualify ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. I went to this cats house to look at a 327 short block. We were in his shop and he told us to come into the house. We go in and to the bedroom and his women is laying in bed. He opens the closet door and digs through a bunch of clothes until he gets to the engine. Kept it beneath his wifes underwear. Says it kept it warm. That was a fine engine.

6. old beet

old beet

I have a polished FE Ford Tri-Power sitting next to me as we speak! I'm in the dining room, its been here for 6 months. Will install as weather gets better...............OLDBEET

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My Chevy bumpers lived under the bed for over 5 years till they were modified for Big Olds. My stainless beltline trim lives in my computer room so the pieces stay nice. I've got headlight bezels handing on walls and a couple of old tires in the living room. This isn't even including any of the parts that are in the basement which include lots of '56 Olds parts that I dug outta Dad's garbage.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about the 5 Feista Olds hubcaps in the kitchen in a big box.:D

8. jeepbut

jeepbut

Every time I bring a car part in the house, my wife gets a nail and hangs it on the den wall. It looks kind of neat, but it is hard to get the parts back from her if I ever need them! Thanks, Lyman.

9. -Brent-

-Brent-

I've got a box of rare old parts sitting in my apartment along with a Thickstun Dogbone intake on my desk and a Zephyr dash in the corner.

10. rpol7966

rpol7966

I'm single, does that give you a hint! I think every room in the house has some parts "stored". Even the kitchen cabinets have lots of essential speedometer, tach and clock goodies. Some of these parts have resided here for 20+ years!
    I can't imagine having a woman move in. Guess I'd probably lose most every treasure that's hidden in the kitchen!
    Why do we do this???????

11. 54chevy4door

54chevy4door

I'v got a full rechromed 54 chev grille, 53 chev steering wheel, 54 corvette steering wheel, 52 chevy exterior sunvisor, aftermarket 54 chev tailights and a whole box of little things, this is all in my room which is just big enough for my bed hahahahaha

12. henry29

henry29

Well, I got a gallon of torch red ppg paint sitting on my computer desk, an 18" chrome cobra r wheel in the corner across from a 4 1/2' tall traffi light, two 57 chevy long upper quarter panel trim pieces, a vw steering wheel on the floor beside me, a 59 impala wheel beside it, and a 57 chevy instrument cluster on my headboard.

Thats just what I can see from where i'm sitting, and i'm completly normal.:rolleyes:

13. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Still have a 23 Chevy windshield frame and a 27 T winshild frame in the live'n room.. Good news is the 40 Ford dash-32 Ford hubcaps and gone from the kitchen! The complete tunnel ram set up is now out of house as well...
    Pontiac Slim

14. El Loco Worm

El Loco Worm
    from oklahoma

Well right now in my living room floor infront of me entertainment center is a pair of 33 desoto headlights. In one corner I have my 2 nailhead to ford 4speed adapters,in the other corner is a 28,29 2 door sedan door, some gauges out of a 36 pontiac and some early 40's dodge gauges. And along the back wall in the floor are my olds tri power intake my nailhead tripower intake and the chrome headlight bezels off of my studebaker. I had a 51 merc steeringwheel on my wall but when i decided to use it one of my projects the empty space drove me nuts. Now in its place is my flaked 62 impala wheel! One of my friends told me my living room is more like a museum than a living area, since vintage speed equipment is displayed all over the place. Chicks have mixed emotions some have really liked it others say its wrong to have old parts in the house. O'well the parts have stayed and thats all that matters.

15. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

[​IMG]

on my kitchen counter

16. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

There isnt enough room on the internet as a whole for the amount of car parts i have in my little house. Well at least it feels that way walking through sometimes. I have no garage or storage building at all. My standup air compressor is inside too.

17. I'm sitting here in the living room on a tired old laptop. On the floor in front and to the right of me are my digger spindles, hubs, hemi water fills, Delta timing cover, Moon tank, and the front torsion suspension. :) Then there is my room in the basement. Full of stuff.

18. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Well from here I can see 3 Rochester 2Gs with line, linkage, and fuel block, A pair of shoebox tail light assemblies, A dual point Mallory dizzy for a 389 Pontiac, and an old 4X fuel block, A goofy foot gas pedal... Nope your not wierd.

19. Bondoboy

Bondoboy

I have a genuine deuce grille and a 40 dash hanging in my living room..

20. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

There are some things that are just too nice to leave in the garage.

21. v8muscle

v8muscle

I have half a 56 F100 in the basement. The more I disassemble it, the more that ends up there.

Bill

22. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

In '04 I went to this guys house that had just died. His brother was selling me 700 car magazines from the 50's-70's for $100.
    In the living room was a complete engine from an International diesel semi and in one bed room was a complete Royal Enfield motorcycle. Both were free for the taking.

23. i have a set of king pins (new) on the dining room table

24. i used to have a 409 dual quad intake and carbs as a "center piece" on my coffee table and my nomad seats in my bedroom. now all i have is the new interior for the 55 vert in the closet under the stairs. i do have one corner of the family room decorated in "early automotive"! i have 3 sheds, 2 garages, and 1 polebarn for my stuff, the least i can do is give her the house!
    you know, something shiney would look good in the familyroom.

UPDATE:60 vette hubcap added to the bar, i wonder how long it will take her to notice??? the other pic is "early automotive" decor!
    oh yea i forgot about my studabaker end table

Attached Files:

25. Searcher

Searcher

I'm a veteran of car parts in the dishwasher...so you are not alone.

26. This went over ok but..........

[​IMG]

27. Searcher

Searcher

Was that your wifes T-shirt ?

28. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

my computer desk at is hard to get to. Along with a bunch of electric guitars , amps,cabinets and effects are chrome smoothies, 5 spoke mags, Team G tunnel ram, edelbrock carbs, valve covers, linkage, interior parts and trim for the 55, gasket sets and a couple 4 speed shifters and some other parts I know I forgot about

29. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

we just moved. as everything's getting packed, my wife turns to me and comments that she didn't know i had that many car parts in the house. short list is a olds cam, couple air cleaners, couple old squeeze bulb bras horns, MANY carburetor parts, air scoops, couple gas cans (vintage of course,) and just friday night she came home to this in the living room...*insert sheepish grin*...i'm also taking it apart in the living room. i sure love her for putting up with me and this diesease :D

[​IMG]

30. 41hemi

41hemi

When I was in my teens and into my early twenties I lived at home with mom and dad. Had the hood to my 41 Chevy in my bedroom for 5 years. Took it with me when I moved out(still have the car and the hood...I'm in my fifties). Mom refused to enter the room until I cleaned it out. Right now my wife has allowed me to have a 3 deuce intake for a Desoto hemi as a centerpiece for our coffee table in the family room. She is pretty cool with my "addiction" through the 23 years we have been together.