Hey guys, first post here and I have an electrical question. Just finished getting my car running and driving and I'm having a charging issue. Car won't charge even after a little drive. Charge the battery and my volt gauge read 12v, by the time I drove it to my buddies shop a few blocks away the volt gauge was at 8v. Basically on the car I moved the battery to the back and am using a new Optima red top. 00 gauge wire to my electric shutoff, to my Ford solenoid (also in back) and to the starter. Alternator is a Summit one wire 140amp (part number SUM-810344). I have the wiring exactly as the Painless kit says Even though it's a one wire I hooked a ground wire from the ground tab on the Alternator to the frame. 70amp Maxi fuse (provided by painless) with a 2 gauge wire running back to the battery side of my Ford solenoid. Ground wise I have a 2 gauge running from battery straight to frame, and another 2 gauge running from frame to engine block. Everything I'm running doesn't use much power, fuel pump, water pump, electric fans, ignition box, gauges. No radio. Now I did do some tests today after trickle charging the battery for a couple hours. Battery with everything off was reading 12.2v. Cranking dropped voltage to 10.5, and at 1000-1500rpm at battery was reading 11.8v, and same when I tested it at the Alternator. Summits instructions for the Alternator says that at idle the Alternator should be charging at least 13.8v at 1000rpm. To me right now seems like I got a faulty Alternator. What do you guys think and is there any other tests I should do? Thanks a lot!