Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Car Names, What Did You Name It?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chappy444, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

cum dumpster.....had to be first

2. My grandma named it “Bessie” sometime in the 1930s or 40’s.
    [​IMG]
    My dad had bought it new in 1929 and soon after passed it on to my grandmother who kept it until her death in the fifties.
    The car circled back to my dad, and became my first car, in 1958 or 1959. Well, my mom’s name was Bessie, and she always hated that her mother in law had an old car called by her name. She definitely did not want me to keep calling the car Bessie. But now that she has been gone for 22 years, I think it is ok to call my cabriolet Bessie, in honor of both my mother and grandmother.

Ron Funkhouser, pila38 and clem like this.
  3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

4. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

The only one I ever named started with an F and ended with a K ! “FIRETRUCK”

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. My old girlfriend named it Poncho.....didn't have the heart to tell her it wasn't a very original name but that's all she ever referred to that car as....Poncho. 57Ponchoonstreet.jpg

6. Ron Funkhouser, Moriarity and j-jock like this.
  7. Any of the vehicles that got names, happened out of respect for the original owner that named it, or out of some peculiar characteristic.
    My 47 Chev coupe was named the "Lil Brown Jug" by the friend from whom I bought it. One time when I was pulled over for being 50 mph over the speed limit ( not BS), came up to the car and said, " The lil brown jug is really putting out today". I didn't dare laugh, and for the first time in his life, my friend kept his mouth shut. I was able to talk myself into just getting a warning. I loved that car.
    My 64 Corvette earned the name "The plastic Pig", because in the winter, the glass would creak and groan like it had been stuck.
    My 53 Merc truck was called Blue, because when I bought it, it had been hand painted.
    My 65 GMC 3/4 ton was named "Old Yeller" because it was a faithful work truck with a 302 six banger.
    I used to describe my old VW bug as "rusty", because I could find it by looking for the rust stain in the parking lot. It was a great car, and had only been rolled once.
    I have owned over 40 cars over the years, and even some special cars never got names. Go figure.
    Bob

8. v8flat44

v8flat44

My 52 Vicky is refered to as Red... it is red & that is the color i see when i think of all the $$$$$ i stuck in it ! The kooolest name & car i ever knew was the Mad Bat. 51 Merc moor door, hot flatty, mild rake & it went like a bat outta h---. It was black & fast ! Ate some 55 ch---s 4 lunch. Ah, the good ol days! m

9. I had a 53 Merc like that, if you were looking at from 50 miles away. It had a 394 Olds engine and tranny, which made up for all the other shortcomings.
    Bob

10. 100_7785.JPG Painted my F1 brown latex house paint...Named it Brown 25 from the old Groove Tube B movie...brown 25 from Uranus was synthetic crap...people would come up and ask me if the name was the paint color number and I would say, "Ya....but Google it later"...funny as all get out 100_7894.JPG
    Had the "George's Hot Rod Shop" on the doors with the 867 5309. Jenny, Jenny phone number...that was good for another laugh as folks would look and comment, "Boy, that number sure seems familiar"...haha
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...1873BB0B0CE89D709B5F1873BB0B0CE89D7&FORM=VIRE

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  11. I call mine "Henryetta" after my great grandma, but I affectionately call it the "Hot Rod". ;)

Ron Funkhouser and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. 1947 Ford pickup with a 400 Pontiac engine : Poncho Deluxe
    1946 Ford pickup with a 272 Y-Block : Mildred
    1963 ford Thunderbird with an Olds 215 : TheBird

13. jailbar joe

jailbar joe

if my cars don't start....i call em every swear word i know...and then some i don't

mrharley51 likes this.
  14. southcross2631

southcross2631

I named this one Faded Memories. Cause it took me back to when racing was real. faded memories.jpg

15. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg MOON EYES, my 65, because it has them.

17. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg "CRAZY 8", because it took eight years to build it.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  18. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

LSR. Leaks, squeaks & reeks.

scotty t and Montana1 like this.
  19. poprivit

poprivit
    from Hagerstown

20. WTF really

WTF really

21. I have never had a desire to name a car. But I have been thinking about naming my Corvette when I get it back on the road. I have owned it 35 years and it probably deserves a name since its been in the family so long. Just not sure what to call it .

Vette1.JPG

22. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Orange Crate in 1973 IMG_3044b.jpg rate

23. atch

atch

Avatar is Clarence. Only one I ever named. Gave him the name in the early 70's. Just seemed he looked like a Clarence.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  24. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

25. 34Larry

34Larry

Toyed with," Moe's toy" but thought it sounded stupid. Someone of my critics said it looks "confused" because of the combination of wire wheels, cowl lights IFS & IRS, etc. Guess I could go along with the program and call it that.
    Seriously, the little guy to the right left me last Dec. and because he was a much better treasure than my ford I'm strongly considering, To the "MAX" honoring him and our great times together.
    (My last name is Moe)

chryslerfan55 and ramblin dan like this.
  26. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

27. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

"The Turd" - the name my daughter called it when I brought it home and started cleaning it up. "You know dad you can't polish a turd!!!" It stuck ever since.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

"Raquel"...Pretty But Very Needy... RAQUEL ESCAPES 2016 009.JPG

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

"Black Dahlia"

[​IMG]

hrm2k, LOU WELLS, edcodesign and 2 others like this.