Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Car guy? Could you do this crap and sleep at night?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Our beginnings were a bit unusual I think. We skipped school on a Thursday and went driving around in her mom's car. I rolled under and pulled the speedo cable so the mileage would be good.

She asked what I was doing on Saturday. I said tuning my Ford that I was racing on Sunday. She shows up when I am under the hood with Donuts. Sets them down asked for coffee so I went in the house for coffee and got back as she was pulling her coveralls from the trunk of her mom's car. She hung all day until it was time for me to go to work.

Sunday I am in the pits and I hear her voice asking where I was pitted. her and her dad showed up with a bag of burgers from Artic Circle. They stayed and followed me home when I was done.

The following Friday I showed up to pick her up for a date. I was on my Norton because I had to sell my wagon that week to pay the bills. Her dad walked out and said, "Glad you're not in that damned wagon." then he handed her a five dollar bill and told her to feed me.

Two weeks later we pooled our funds to buy a 75 dollar '58 Merc from an old farmer. We could only come up with 71.35 between us. The farmer gave us the car for 70.00 and put gas in the tank.

I think that was 1970 or 71. Don't tell her that I don't remember please.

2. X-cpe

X-cpe

We won't. You're more than capable of getting in trouble without our help.

3. [​IMG]

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. They say your memory is the first thing to go, and i don't remember what the second thing was... :oops:

porknbeaner likes this.
  5. I like the ones that advertise a " full restoration" when if fact it was just a paint job with a lot of bondo (had one Friday)

6. Engine rebuilt with "krylon"

7. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

its all good til someone gets hurt . feeling lucky . I didn't read all 6 pgs. but, seamed like more than one persons concern was a nail . I guess that's scary??? I use galvies so im sure there isn't a prob..and im nuts already . why add to the confusion. or 2 nuts don't make a right ! hows that go?

8. Wasn't the nails brother, the lack of nuts was the problem. And nails cost the same or more that cotter pins, or split pins. Whatever you wanna call them. I'm not a carpenter. I'm a car guy... stick your front hubs on and leave the nut off, just stick a nail through the hole.

9. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

that was my point . some seemed not to notice

10. Lol ok brother. I know a few guys have just focused on the nails, not the absence of the castle nuts. Just blew my mind. But I've corrected everything as I've found it. Getting better all the time :D