Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car cover:

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Irish Dan, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Due to the fact that I still have no top for my 27 Roadster Pickup, and Spring (along with all the rain ) is coming, I need a waterproof cover to throw over it from time to time. Any suggestions?

2. wvenfield

wvenfield

Depends on what you are wanting. I bought a cheap-o at Wal-Mart for less than 30 bucks. It protected my car outside all winter before last when I had the front end off.

It was waterproof and didn't scratch.

For every once in awhile use or to just keep dust off it while in the garage, for the money it's IMO a great deal.

3. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Thanks wvenfield. that gives me one option so far!

4. mikeco

mikeco
    from virginia

While more expensive,I've had 5 California Car covers & they are excellent. Its been my experience that their customer service is excellent as well & they will stand behind their covers should you have any problems!

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I had a friend sew up a "Bucket Lid" for my Old Roadster.
    It comes up from the cowl and sits on the top of the windshield and runs down over the sides and the back edge of the body about 5 inches. It is vinyl and can be held down by bungee cords to radius rods etc. or with a line sewn in the lower edge tied up tight around the body perimeter.
    My car sat with this cover for well over a decade in the drive and never got wet inside, that includes several tropical storms and one hurricane.

6. 2002p51

2002p51

Cheap and functional and available at any Home Depot or Lowes. :)

[​IMG]

7. badshifter

badshifter

Call Cal Car Cover, ask for Steve and tell him John from Custom Built referred you. They have seconds, returns, stuff like that if you are not picky. If you are picky, they have an exact fit for anything you need.