Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Car Cover

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chris101_ny, Jun 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. chris101_ny

chris101_ny

Hello all,

I have recently bought a '31 Ford that I am getting back in shape. Unfortunately, the car will be spending a LONG time living outdoors, causing my need for a quality car cover that will keep the elements out and let the moisture escape. A buddy of mine had one that was really good and had 3 layers, each with a purpose, but he doesn't remember where he got it. I appreciate all suggestions, thanks in advance!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Try California Car Cover. They’ve been making quality covers for every shape and size of car for years.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I have had 3 from California Car Covers. They're not cheap but the value is there. I still have one I use for my '50 Ford.
    https://www.calcarcover.com/

4. Southmark

Southmark

Amen to California Car Cover. Not cheap but good stuff. Did a custom cover for my dragster. Perfect fit from details over the phone.

5. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I have had four California Car Covers. Three were off the shelf and one was a custom made for my 57 Fairlane. I did have a problem with the custom one and I called them right away, They took care of it and I was satisfied. An excellent company to do business with.

6. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Again California car cover.

Pat

7. Slopok

Slopok

Sometimes a cover is worse than the elements!:eek:

chryslerfan55 and seb fontana like this.
  8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

If you get a good one you don't have to worry.

Special Ed and PunkAssGearhead88 like this.
  9. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Keep the cover on securely if you're storing the car outside. Wind flapping the cover is bad - amazing how fast it can rub right through the paint. Buddy of mine left a nice car with Imron paint outside over Winter and had several spots rubbed right through to shinny metal by Spring.

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if parking on grass, dirt, etc be sure to put wood, etc under it. even a quality cover will have a challenge of longevity in extreme weather

11. chris101_ny

chris101_ny

Thanks fellas!!

12. LAROKE

LAROKE

Yes, California Car Cover is the best but don't expect miracles. UV rays will eventually weaken the material and you will have to replace it in a year or two.

13. Beware if you get a PM from a member claiming to work for one of the manufactures,Cover Craft was told he could save me a bundle on a cover just as good as C.C.C. I was enticed with the discounted price and bought one it works but fit's like it was made for every station wagon ever made,it's not made for my car.

I haven't used it but one time and I will probably never use it again,it would fit a Cadillac hearse with fins nicely. :mad: HRP

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  14. Another vote for California Car Cover.
    Kinda expensive, but worth every penny.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

CCC.BUT BEWARE OF WIND IT CAN RUBBED THE PAINT OFF!

16. butch27

butch27

Any ideas of one for my bucket just to cover inside the garage and very thin ??