Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Car Collection museum at Linq Las Vegas has closed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toml24, Jan 12, 2018.

1. toml24

toml24

Just read official news the Car Collection Museum at the Linq Hotel Las Vegas has closed and the assets are being sold off through the end of February. That was a quality collection I saw several times in the last 10 years while I was in Las Vegas for the SEMA and CES trade shows.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Vegas, eh? Will they take a double or nothing offer?

3. Rckt98

Rckt98

Have been there a couple of times, good way to kill a couple of hours while the wife is shopping.

4. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Was there a couple of times when it was known as the Imperial Palace, great car collection.
    One thing that brings to life when you see some of these old cars up close and personal is how big some of them are compared to say a Model A or T.
    Sorry to see it go.

5. donno

donno

all of the cars on display were not part of a collection. Many of them were for sale by owners that paid $300.00 a month for the "privilege" of having their car on display. I have a friend that did that, a very High Dollar car at a very reasonable price. Didn't" get so much as a phone call. I don't know if any thing ever sold.

6. frank spittle

frank spittle

Don't worry. Another museum will open somewhere.

7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

It was a real decent museum in the early days. Had Capone's Cadillac, etc. Stayed at the Imperial Palace a lot back in the 80's (as the GM was an old friend of my Dad's and rooms were always comp'd). It was housed on a floor of the parking garage that had been enclosed and finished off on the inside.
    I was in Vegas on business last Oct. and intended to pay it a visit but I couldn't get away from my obligations while the museum was open as they closed early (5:00PM?).