Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods CAR CLUB TRADITIONS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clik, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Clik

Clik

I was reading the post PACKAGE SURPRISE and El Caballo mentioned a club
    (Los Boulevardos) that have a random crap exchange where people send random things to each other.

That got me thinking about some of the fun traditions that clubs I've belonged to or associated with had. Like the 8 Ball and Chain. If you wrecked you got the 8 ball and Chain. You had to haul that heavy thing around until another member wrecked or did some damage to his ride or something else.

What Hot Rod Club or Association traditions have you experienced?

Austinrod likes this.
  2. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Stealing car coats, blood initiation.;)

3. Clik

Clik

I guess you guys in Minnesota can always use another coat. ;)

Speed Gems likes this.
  4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Our club has an award for anyone who breaks down on a cruise and slows up the run for awhile. The new owner of the "Weenie Award" has to bring it along with their car until the next member earns it. Stupid, but fun, and hopefully helps keep our cars in a finer state of tune. Gary

LOU WELLS likes this.

5. Clik

Clik

What is the "Weenie Award"? A trophy, plaque or what.

6. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Bump for more stories

7. Clik

Clik

I bet Beano has some stories. Somebody rattle his cage.

8. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

We got the clown. It's a clown face we piss on in an outhouse behind our saloon. It's called clowning or hitting the clown, it's become a noun and a verb wherever we are.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. our club had a "party till you puke" t-shirt. one size fit all [not really]. you were "awarded" it if you; "fed the fish", "prayed to the porcelain god", "drive the porcelain bus" "blew chunks" etc..

10. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

We started our club originally as an "ALL FUN NO BULL SH>>T CLUB" we really had a great time the initiation fee was a 12pack of beer. Once a year we had an initiation party. Well we have kind of settled down now and the members aren't quite as many as we had in our hey day. Joe

11. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Ta Dah. Gary

WennieAward.jpg

OG lil E and oldsjoe like this.
  12. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

We used to have this local club that dropped prospects off in watts, naked, with a spare tire they had to bring back to the diner with them.

13. Clik

Clik

Did you ride the naked prospects to Watts on your Vespa?

14. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

OH MY PLEASE DON'T SHOW PEOOF! Joe

15. Well only ever belonged to two clubs. And MC and a car club. The bike club doesn't have any traditions that I am willing to trade.

The car club I belonged to when I was in high school was called the Cam Busters. One of the traditions had to do with initiation. You had to steal someone's wheels, then after everyone was satisfied that you did that you had to return them. Your choice on the return you could either be bold enough to take them back or you could be sneaky and return them the same way that you stole them. I stole mine from a club member because he was always loud about no one being able to steal anything from him. :D

This one kid was trying to steal the chrome reverse from a '59 Ford. A bunch of us were sitting in a car watching. he was stick enough, he slid a block under each axle/A arm. Then he was going to pull all the lug nuts and wiggle the wheels off. Someone told him that would work. The car was parked outside of a cannery on second shift where the guy who owned it worked. The kid had all lug nuts off and one front wheel off when the lunch whistle blew. There was no way he was going to get the rest of the wheels off if the guy came to his car so he was still trying to shove the wheel back on when the guy came out. Pretty funny to watch, none of us could have helped even if we wanted to. The guy who owned the car was pretty mad but Jose went out and got him cooled down.

We let the kid in the club anyway because he was good entertainment.

Clik likes this.
  16. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Our car club tradition is that any member that shows signs of wanting to organize a event or discusses bringing potato salad will immediately be asked to turn in his plaque... 325.png

roundvalley likes this.
  17. Clik

Clik

What?!! No potato salad in Idaho???? Blasphemy!!!!

LOU WELLS likes this.
  18. ^^^^ Our club would not fit in with you guys. We get together each Memorial Day weekend for charred animal flesh.

19. LOL We call one of the fellas in the MC Ralf, I'm not sure that I even know his real name. He absolutely cannot drink without Ralfing. One of my favorite things was to get really twisted and then get him to drink a boiler maker with me. The guy would puke up his socks which is pretty damned funny if you are in the proper altered mental state.

The wife and I were talking about him the other day. He called out of the blue, bet I haven't talked with him for 30 years. I told her that he called, and she asked why we called him Ralf so I told her. We both laughed 'til we cried.

czuch and oldsjoe like this.
  20. Clik

Clik

One of our guys passed out in the Thinker position up against a tree and was barfing all over his knee. When it was time to leave the party, the boys came to the big guy (me) and said "Throw the Thinker over your shoulder and carry him to the car". I wasn't about to have all that puke all over me. I enlisted another member to grab him under the arms while I grabbed his pants at the cuffs. When we got to his old 2 door Ford, we did the 1,2,3 and heev-hoed him into the back seat. Because I was holding only his cuffs, the last swing took his pants down and he was now buck nekid in the back seat. None of us were willing to pull his pants up or be seen adjusting his position (head in the foot well and feet up on the back seat) for fear of starting a rumor, if ya know what I mean. We left him like that for the whole passing parade of people to view. After partying a few more hours we went to leave and he was still passed out and barfing upside down. Breathing through the barf created puke bubbles all over his face. Ha! Ha! He was a friking mess. That was 42 years ago, we still stay in touch and he will never live that one down.

21. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Note to self don't party with Beaner or Clik! You may just end up in a uncompromising position! Joe

22. One thing for sure, the fellas that I care the most about will laugh until they can't stand up if you do something unacceptable to the rest of the world. And it may just land you a nickname that will follow you through eternity.

Once I showed up at a run in my old Ford, my bike was undergoing gender reassignment (for lack of a better term). I rolled in parked and made it about 3 steps before I fell flat on my face, and I was mostly sober. One of my closest friends walked by didn't ask if I was OK just said, "Get up Benno "I still get called "get up benno" a lot. Of course I have heard it a lot, walking has never been my strong suit. :D

I do got something to say that many her may not understand, I walk a little odd. No one in the car club or the bike club has ever allowed me to be crippled. if I needed help they were always there but never mentioned my disability, I have always just been either "the beaner" or "benno" and that was good enough. I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that literally all of my closets friends are hoodlums, But there is just a line that you do not cross.

The real hoodlums on the HAMB never fault someone for being on line too long, they just understand that there must be a reason and let it go at that. Always easy to tell the ones with heart from the ones without.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  23. HEY Beaner..you tell of a guy stealing a set of wheels..There is an old guy here in my little town,no one likes him,He raises watermelons every year and it was always fun to steal them from his garden patch.
    Well he put a fence up and put a german shepard insife the fence and dared anyone to steal his melons again...Ha Ha,we waited till a Sunday morning when he would be at church..went in got some melons,went up on his back porch and ate them leaving all the rinds..He comes home from church,finds our mess we made and just knew exactly who had done it,,So he looks us up and asked.
    How did you manage to get into my melon patch with my german shepard guarding it? We told that was the easy part,we just took a female shepard in"heat" and put her inside the fence first,,,We had no problem with his dog after that...His dog had "other" things on his mind

24. Clik

Clik

We used to go on Rod, Van and Bike Runs/Camping trips. Tradition mandated that the last one up in the morning was fair game for pranking and brutal harassment. My ol' buddy Bruce was the last up on Saturday morning. So we opened his tent flap and backed a Harley exhaust pipe into to opening and fired it up. The next day he let his German Shepherd sleep in his tent to ensure no pranking. Unfortunately Bruce was a late riser again and another member of the group had a little Pit/Bull Terrier mix that was thrown in the tent. The noises and violent movement of the tent with those two dogs going at it was reminiscent of a Tazmannian Devil cartoon. Here's a pic of Bruce coming out of his tent choking on Harley exhaust fumes the first day: Bruce Warring Camping Front Royal.jpg

25. LOL Took a load of rock salt stealing melons the summer I was 13. I remember my granddad laughing about it and telling me that I was probably going to be sleeping on my belly for a while. :D

Used to be that no one slept on a run, and if you did you did it sitting up or the like. I always carried a serape and slept siesta style. I used to party with a KC club at a place called Johnson Shut-ins in the MO Boot Heel. One year this fella shows up with one of those war surplus mummy bags. I am sure that someone warned him but long about sun upon Sunday morning found him all wrapped up tight and sound asleep. We picked him up bag and all and tossed him in the river. he looked like a big wiggly worm going down stream. :D

Clik likes this.
  26. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I'm a member of "The Backseat Boys". We're a small group of guys that have traveled together for many years. We don't have meetings or a clubhouse but we do have shirts. Our tradition is not as exciting as many of yours. At 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, at a given event, we stop for a moment to remember those who are no longer with us. We call out there names and toast them with a small shot of Crown Royale. Then it's back to telling lies.

27. Thought it was funny as shit when Dan, the host of a ''reality'' build show proposed the idea. He was sitting at a table with some actual car builders. Easy to tell the dudes weren't following any script. Dan tries to be humorous and the guys look extra unamused and pass it back to him.

28. Clik

Clik

I missed something. "Proposed" what?

chevy57dude likes this.
  29. Sorry Clik - The "shame trophy'' is what I was talking about.

30. Clik

Clik

Oh, OK. Got it now.