Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Club Plaque Photos?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullet Nose, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Haleiwa Slim

Haleiwa Slim

Al, my name is Rick Smith a.k.a. "Haleiwa Slim". I too am very interested in the Vulcans car club because of the 32 Victoria dragster that they built and the recent replica of it. I live on the North Shore and I have NEVER seen a more cooler hot rod than that insane 32 !
    I wanna find out if it's going to be entered in any up coming events in L.A around Thanksgiving. I would love to see this car race on the 1/4 mile.

2. Old Ford Coupe

Old Ford Coupe

Vintage Tin Of Maryland

Attached Files:

3. ...our club has plaques & licence toppers; most prefer the toppers as they can be displayed in a variety of ways... here's mine on my storage box in my p.u.
    [​IMG]

4. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Shot this plaque at Busch's 61st Reunion....it's on Dick Pages '32 sedan.....They started this club in 1957!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. EL C-LOS

EL C-LOS

Looking to reveive an old club from Anaheim Ca, The Rivals anyone by any chance know of a plaque or may have a plaque to sell, may know a member, let me know.

6. Here's my plaque from the TARTARS CC. The club started in '58-59 in the city of Bell Ca. Club members were from small towns around the city of Bell, Cudahy, Maywood, South Gate, Downey, Norwalk & Lynwood. Our plaques were cast by Koehler in Bell.

Attached Files:

7. If it looks like this original pattern made by Chicago Metal Craft, I'd be glad to make you as many new, new old stock plaques as you'd like. The one difference is that they'll say O'Brien Truckers on the reverse side instead of Chicago Metal Craft.

Give me a call at 508-248-1555

Dennis O'Brien

Attached Files:

8. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

It's interesting that there were also Tartars in nearby Long Beach .....

[​IMG]]​

You mentioned that the members in your club were from around Bell but there was also a plaque for this club with Downey on it .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wonder if this was the same club from a different era.

9. DEVILS REJECT

DEVILS REJECT
    from AZ

Relics
    CA/NV/AZ/TX

Attached Files:

10. katyfattrodder

katyfattrodder

Cam Grinders Houston

Grinders.jpg

11. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Anyone ever see one called "Early Iron" from Laporte,IN or Michigan City, IN? My parents we some of the original members so I think they started in the real early 70's. Their jackets had a 32' grill and headlight bar/ headlights as the symbol. One of their original yearly events was called the "Gumball Rally".

12. Bullet Nose.......I have never seen or heard of the Downey or Long Beach clubs?
    I'll ask some of the older guys that were in the club with me if they knew about other Tartar CC's. We still have a get together once a year.
    Thanks,
    cw.

13. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

Im still on the look out for Jinx of Burbank, My grandfather was one of the members who started it back around 52'

14. kenykop

kenykop

How avbout this club?

Attached Files:

15. tinsled

tinsled

First cast for a marquee club plate: (in brass)

[​IMG]

16. Here's a few my Dad collected

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. bob-o

bob-o

My Dad cruised Van Nuys in the late 60's and said these guys were bad news...

He said the same thing about the Lynchmen. Said that both club's were like the Hell's Angels of cc's. Bitchin rides and bad reps.

He managed to get his hands on this repop Lynchmen plaque:
    [​IMG]

There's an original Renegade's of Long Beach plaque in his garage... I'll get a pic of that one.

And I know LB's plaques have been posted but I'll share some polished examples with ya. Gotta represent ;)
    [​IMG]

18. RRuss

RRuss
    from Lowman, Id

A point of info. The name Tartars was also the mascot name of Compton jr. College.
    Also the mascot name of Compton HS was the "Tarbabes"

At one time the High School and College were on the same campus therefore the High School became the baby Tartars.

Having been raised in Compton I don't remember a Tartars car club from Compton. Of course at my age I suffer from CRS

Maybe someone can offer more info.

19. ImageUploadedByTJJ1352406496.997159.jpg here is our club waiting to go on my truck when it's rebuilt gear hammers from new zealand 90+ members

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. Here's a few more from Stan the Plaque Man.....

Attached Files:

21. more from Stan.....

Attached Files:

22. & more......over 2000 in the collection.

Attached Files:

23. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Thanks to Mitch 36 for sending this photo of his dad's Road Angels plaque .....

[​IMG]

It's now on the Chicago page on our website.

24. I am looking for a Anaheim Streetsweepers original plaque.Im not sure how early the club started or if anyone still runs the plaque.I would love to find out more info about the history though.

25. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

If it wasnt for Stan id still be lookin for my dads club plaque

He kindly made 2 copys for me from his.
    [​IMG]

26. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

A little Hawthorne

Attached Files:

27. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

My Dads belonged to this club,Now I got his car and plaque.B.T.W,I got it the hard way.Cheers, NC

Attached Files:

28. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Looks like the Nobles had two different versions of their plaque. This one .....

[​IMG]

and this one you got the hard way .....

[​IMG]

29. Curios if your father's first name is Winston because I made ten of those back in 2007 from the original pattern:

Attached Files:

30. otti

otti

a new one for a german club

Attached Files: