Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car bogs down need help Happy New Years!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BlackFlag, Jan 1, 2006.

1. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

Alright, I was originally going to ask this question on my sisters behalf because when she brought he mustang up here and I drove it, it would bog really bad then die when you gassed it about half way. I thought a carb rebuild could fix it becasue I have already replaced every other part of the fuel delivery system, but now Im wondering if its some exotic car STD. Today my car started doing the same thing. Hope everybody has a happy new years! Open up some bubbley, and stay off the roads tonight, the drunks are out...

2. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

need more info dude,,, what year motor etc,, It sounds more like a timing issue, if the fuel sytem is okay,, check plugs cap rotor etc,, May have leak in vacuum advance If it has one)

3. that could be your 2 barrel carb, the plymouth does bog when i floor it, the old galaxie did the same until i put that new carb on it, could also be the timing or an ignition issue, but you alredy put a new coil on that beast right??

4. plus every body knows that mustangs suck!! :D :D

5. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

I know, but it is a chick car and my sister owns it so I dont see any major problem. I was thinking about upping it to one of dem fancy Holley 500 CFM 2BBL carbs. I did replace everything shy of the distributer. Ill probably drop in a dual point or electric conversion soon though.

6. fuck holleys unless you want to tune that bitch for years!! just goes with an edelbrock for ease of tuning, what motor?

7. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

Oh and Jake, not that you want it, but theres a guy on egay that is selling some seat covers for a 55 plymoth. Their dark green and white. If you didnt have the interior you do now, I would have suggested this cause I bet it would look pretty good. This new years isnt looking all that great. My moms sick and asleep, and my step dad passed out about two hours ago...

Anyway, heres a link to it. (If Im crossing any lines posting this on the open forum let me know and Ill PM him the link) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1955...ryZ34206QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

8. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Part of your problem could be the wonderful gas that is available these days, esspecially if suddenly two car began experancing the same problem at about the same time. Not sure where you live, but up here in the frozen north (suppose to be frozen?) we get a "winter blend" fuel that doesn't work worth a crap if the temp gets above 45-50 degrees. Maybe you got some of our "winter blend"? Gene

9. fastroadster

fastroadster

Sounds like a bad accelerator pump in your carb, or your vacumn advance isn't working. Check vacumn line to dist.

10. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

Vacum line is new and un marred.

11. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

Oh, and I dont think that we get "winter gas" because it doesnt snow or get below 30 very often. If it does its at night. I also pump in that premium 92 octane just to make sure everything goes well. I think I may do a rebuild on my carb for the mean time then one day like spring break Ill take everything down and put on a 4bbl manifold, and carb. Ill also dump in new heads with 1.94 intakes and 1.6 exhaust 64CC chambers, 1.6 roller rockers, Electric dist conversion, nicer spark plugs (I read somewhere that for cars burning oil you should use a certain plug) and some bigger plug wires. I may also put in a new cam. Nothing radical, just something that will beef up the torque and HP as well as hopefully better mileage. But before all this I need some headers, and a paintjob. Id better start saving those paychecks...

12. Deco

Deco

"I dont think that we get "winter gas"" Yup you do.

As mentioned above the most likely candidate is the accelerator pump on the carb. Throttle about halfway down begins to engage it.