Register now to get rid of these ads!

cant send messages

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by jim steffen, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Sqeedo1020

Sqeedo1020

2. Sqeedo1020

Sqeedo1020

I only have 3 posts and I am trying to contact a member about a part for sale. Trying to get my 10 posts

3. Sqeedo1020

Sqeedo1020

4. Sqeedo1020

Sqeedo1020

Three posts left

5. Sqeedo1020

Sqeedo1020

6. Sqeedo1020

Sqeedo1020

Last post! Sorry about the nonsense posts. Hopefully, I am all good!

7. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

No but in 24 hours you should be...there is waiting period. Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

31hotrodguy likes this.
  8. I love it when a mod deletes the posts

Thor1, X38, wraymen and 2 others like this.
  9. I wonder what the actual statistics are, how many guys are just here for the classifieds and how many participate in forums.

XXL__ and Thor1 like this.
  10. A huge proportion are only here for the classifieds.

As an example, I've been around here more than 16 years and recognise a LOT of names. So, when I saw a thread from a new-to-me name last week I took a look and it was asking about IDing a part or some such. Mmm, who is this dude? Seems he's been a member for several years and has a lot of posts. Funny... so I look up his posts and every one was classifieds. So this forum post was his first ever in all the years he's been a member, and it was only to ID something for an ad.:rolleyes: Any wonder I'd never heard of him.

There have been many more similar experiences.

11. Just flip through the parts for sale section. A large portion of sellers are people I’ve never heard of but they have been members for years.
    I will say that I have been happy with most of my purchases. Mostly small stuff and I’ve never been ripped off. Bought two cars off here also.
    It does suck when the sellers only use the message board to ID something they plan to sell.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Thor1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. Here's another one: A FNG I gave a heads up to about a MII IFS suspended chassis he posted a pic of replied to me that he bought it right here on the HAMB from a member in the classifieds, with the implication that it must be okay by the rules.
    I'd never heard of the selling member, so I looked them up.
    Member since 2010 with 988 posts, all classifieds.

Yep, all take, no give.

I can see two sides to this, because the classifieds give members access to parts etc. and the opportunity to sell within the community, but the exploiters who I don't consider real members really give me the shits. It's like cheats prospering, and that's wrong.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021