Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can't decide on paint color.. Lets see some pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by '48IHC, Aug 25, 2013.

1. '48IHC

'48IHC

I can't decide what color to paint my 48 KB-1. Looking to go a more traditional color yet being able to stand out. Flat or gloss. Willing to go 2-tone as well. Would like to see what several look like.

Lets see some pictures!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. no pictures, but a suggestion.

Go to an automotive paint supplier, or a body shop that paints big rigs and get or borrow their colour chip books.. Some of the non-metallic colours for the older Kenworth, International, etc look great on an old pickup.

3. stimpy

stimpy

the old cornbinders we had on the farm other than the emmeryvilles were painted the dark metalic green , or red , the evilles were painted orange frames and rims and lower cab , and cream on top seperated by thin a black stripe . people used to call them dreamcicles , they were nightmares to drive , but I would love to have one now .

try this its not true acurate but it lists all the colors schemes ( upper /lower) http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml

4. '48IHC

'48IHC

Thanks guys for the help! I'm kinda leaning towards a baby blue possibly.. Anyone have Pictures of their projects in baby blue?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!