Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can't afford a 32 3 window, make one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Turkey, Jan 11, 2009.

1. EasyRider's Rats

EasyRider's Rats
    from Texas

Came together well. Keep up the good work, its a sharp ride. You can be proud of this car. The helper you have did a great job as well. :)

2. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

GO GO GO !!!!! Can't wait to see it

3. lorodz

lorodz

waiting patientley waiting over here

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Cute little girl man. Hope she loves dad's new Hot Rod!!!

5. We hafta wait 'til THURSDAY!!?? -sound of fingers drumming- :D

-Dave

6. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

well said

7. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Who's hot rod? She thinks it's hers!

8. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

How do you think I feel!? It's freekin killin me, I want to fire it up so bad! I had one ride over a week ago, I need another fix!

9. JoJo O.

JoJo O.

It wouldn't be as fun or as good of a story, years down the road, if you had got done two weeks before the show or something!!

What kind of damage needs fixed?

~JoJo~

10. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Paint chips in the door jams, the edge of the door got chipped, intake gasket is leaking and WILL be replaced, carb has trash in it and WILL be cleaned, rear trans seal is wrong size and leaking it WILL be replaced ect........ So you see I still have a few things to get done. Oh ya, I'm out of clear, reducer and hardener so gota go buy that in the morning get it all fixed by Thursday night so it can dry AND go to tag & title office in the morning to take care of that so I can get insurance. There's more but you get the idea. Who needs sleep anyway?

11. The upholsterer wearing knuckle dusters..? :(

What date did you say the show was?

-Dave

12. chaddilac

chaddilac

small damage????

13. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Whilst your waiting get started on the next project you promised us..... The Roadster.....

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

LOL, and it was so nice of you to build it for her.

15. It won't be long before she starts asking for the keys :)

16. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

When my daughter and I finished a build back in 1997 we crawled underneath and wrote/concealed our names and the date with a paint marker. No one can see except when we crawl underneath. So every time I'm under it's nice to see. And someday if the car survives us she may crawl underneath and think back.
    I have done this for decades and have quite a history to look back on. It's worked for me so far.

17. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Good luck on the final run....Have fun at the DMV I did that yesterday...YUCK!!!!

18. Crafty B

Crafty B

Congrats Turkey I think your going to make it!!! My buddy Dorr Johnson up here in Grand Rapids has been thrashing on his 30 Model for the last 2 months non stop to get it ready for the same BP show and he just found out last night that the custom radiator he has been waiting for was run over by the UPS fork truck...he is just sick about it. There is about 10 members of my club the RELIX making the trip down, look for my buddy's antifreeze green 54 chevy she's a looker.

well done on your 3 year build!!! your a real stickler for detail and the end product shows.

Crafty

19. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Back from DMV and good news! I got a title and registration! Now back to work......

20. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Wow congrats on that!!! Cant wait to see this car in person im sure youll get it done in time.....

21. kisam

kisam

Like you could say "no" to her! Looks like you will make it! Congrats!

22. pvcerod

pvcerod
    from Australia

Well come on......it's Thursday......where are the Interior Pics :rolleyes::p:) well it is here in Australia:D:)

23. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Dude i just got back to your thread and im real happy to see it all togheter......if i was you i would lose sleep for it being over at someone elses!
    This build rocks, and im not too much of a hot rod person.

24. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

On my way over the the upholstery shop, the door handles need to be pinned and now I need to fix one of the windows. Seems it will not go up and down now. I hate that it's at someone's shop and not mine. I have one day left to fix all the bugs and fuck ups. I will do my best today, I just pray it doesn't rain at the show.........

25. olskl_dave

olskl_dave

There's a bloke over here who 'if you really annoy' he will supply you with one.

They are made from fibre glass and the texture is perfect, it also has the edging around it wich some of the guy's over here are painting brushed alloy finnishes on, and even using the countersunk "original type" screws to hold them down..

HEY,HOT TURKEY, HOPE YOU BET THE CLOCK.......

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  26. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

I wish I were close enough to you to come and help with the last minute thrash!

27. I bet your really busy right now.... please sir, might we have some more pictures? when you get the time of course....

28. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

OK, thing have gone from bad to worse. Took way too long to finish up things today. Still not done. Picked it up from upholstery and it ran like shit. I found the carb was sucking some air and was working on that when the high flow high dollar edelbrock water pump seized up! Yep, took a shit! One of the blade in the impeller came off and screwed it up, belt smoking and screaming. Lots of fun, so now the whole front end needs to come apart without scratching the pain. It's midnight and I have it all apart after hours of work. Now I can only hope to find a new pump in the morning and get it all back together in time. I had planned to ride out at noon. Oh ya, the upholstery looks great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. EV34

EV34

man ive been there.... when i built my 34 pickup it was one thing right after the other... first the fuel pump, than the starter and then the i couldnt get the headlights to work... oh and all this happend the night before the show i was shooting for!

Good luck on finding the parts and getting it back together in time!!

30. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Good luck.... You deservie to get to this show after the super human effort you put in to get to this stage..... Can you please find the time to post some interior shots before you take off for the show.