Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can't afford a 32 3 window, make one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Turkey, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

It would hit the steering cross rod.

2. Clutched

Clutched

Great build. keep it comin!

3. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I reversed the front spring and rounded up the leaves.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  4. solid

solid

Thats really what hot rods are about. Do what you know how to do, and spend what you can afford to spend, and then drive the poo poo out of it.

Clay Belt likes this.
  5. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

The back wishbones needed to be heated with a torch and the spring perch bent just a little bit to fit the 1940 rear spring. I removed some leaves from the rear spring, I sure am glad to have Rumbler Del as a friend!!!!! I had a blast making the bracket for the rear end to mount to the wishbones. Del thinks I'm nutts! Kinda art deco.[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

The steering column was too long so I cut out 5 inches of it and welded it back up. The first picture shows it shortened and the new floor. The last pic shows the long column.[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

The brakes where fun![​IMG]

8. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

9. Really nice work. can't wait to see it done.

10. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Well now your all caught up. Next I will be painting all the parts and put it back together, again! I would like to thank my buddy Del again and post a picture of him from the Daytona Turkey Rod show last Novemebr. He is the one on the right, don't remember who the other guy was. LOL..........
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  11. gold5000000

gold5000000

Nice build man!
    I like the engine and that orange vice looks like a force to be reckoned with

12. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Looking good, I was hoping to see some more pictures of this one.

Del's a solid guy, keep us posted!

13. hey thanks for the pictures. i like what youve done with the front spring and rear mounts. keep it up

14. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

15. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Great work.....s'gonna be a cool litl' car. What was the regimen used to get the leaf springs as polished as they are? Sorry, did you say if they were aftermarket? Look like Posies to me.

16. krooser

krooser

Nice post...

How did you fasten the firewall to the body?

And you've gotta work on posting those pictures a little better... my eyes went goofy working the pix side to side so i could see 'em...

17. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

I bought one of those bodys theyre not bad for the money! Your build looks real good keep plugging away at it. Soon youll be out scaring little old ladies

18. Mojo

Mojo

curious to know how the steel will get along with the fiberglass over time. Is the seam going to be riveted and caulked or something? I think it's a great idea, i'm sure it adds a lot of strength to the body, besides looking better.

19. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

The springs are old ones, I rounded them with a hand held grinder then used 80 grit, 4 more grits until I got them smooth. Then buffed them on the wheel. Got them real nice for the picture then hit them with acid so they didnt rust. I will rough them up for paint. I just like to go over the top to drive my buddy nuts. As for the fire wall, I made brackets to hold it to the dash and there is a real 32 gasket between the fire wall and body. Very strong with the brackets and feet bolted down. I'm not going to mix metal and glass, dont want problems down the road.

20. Exactly Royal. :)

21. Not everyone can have a steel 32 .I think its a great alternative if done right and looks like an original because of the details. Nice job!

22. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Interesting thread! I look forward to seeing how this car turns out. It looks like you are onto something cool at least! People are so hysteric about fiberglass cars for some reason, maybe because most glass cars looks like shit, but as long as you build it right it doesn't bother me!

23. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Cool build!
    Keep up the great work.

24. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

I am with Royal on this one......Nice work

25. I can't believe this is happening in Florida!

Great work man. Looks like it is going to make a super car. There's no shame in building a 'glass car but you do get bonus points for making it look like steel.

Keep us posted on this one.

JH

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I like that your keeping your head up and building a glass car. Not many people can afford a '32 (original or repopped) and this is the alternative. I think the car is going to look awesome and I would totally consider doing the same some day.

27. Blue50F-1

Blue50F-1

Sweet build, and doing a great job!

28. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Beautiful build so far. I really like the attention to detail on the springs and rear bones. If someone gives you any grief about the 'glass body, tell them to buy you a nice steel one and you'll be happy to rebuild the whole thing. That'll shut 'em up. Keep bustin' ass. It looks killer!!

29. I guess you missed all the Billetproof threads... :D

If you have Rumbler Del helping you out, you got it made and it should turn out really nice.

30. racer756

racer756

great build, thanks for sharing.