Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Candia New Hampshire swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ABONES, Apr 20, 2015.

1. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Possibly. I just put it in my calendar for the May 29th date. We'll see. I'm going to try and sell off some of my heavy stuff sooner than later though, in the meantime. I don't have the energy to load an engine and 4 or 5 transmissions then unload them all before Monday Morning and I don't like the idea of taildraggin to work the next morning ;)

Sporty45 likes this.
  2. mike bowling

mike bowling

And you can get in at 5am , so caffine is a must ( and loose tank tops!!!!!!!)

3. Anyone going this Sunday? This is the first one I can make it to this season.

4. mike bowling

mike bowling

First time for me also- rain, family, and the "Race of Gentlemen" got in the way, but I'm heading up Sun. with "Wheeldog57" ( Ronnie) as far as I know. Sounds like it's going to be an excellant day!

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Post some photo for us that can't make it. Bob

biggeorge likes this.
  6. mike bowling

mike bowling

Ronnie's got one of them fancy phones you can do everything with, I'll see if he can get some shots ( I sure hope the coffee truck's there with you know who pouring the mud!) DSCN3273.JPG

7. 32 hudson

32 hudson

First time for me also this year. Looking for the coffee princes.

mike bowling likes this.
  8. mike bowling

mike bowling

Well, sad to say, Candia was a bust- maybe a dozen or so vendors, 2 or 3 had yard sale/ flea market stuff, and a thin auto parts selection. Didn't bother with pictures.
    I feel bad for the family, but the year off killed the momentum of the first year, and most go to the Drag Strip now. Ronnie and I were there maybe an hour, most of it spent yakking. We did get to meet "TFoch" from the HAMB so that was nice.
    Too bad- I wish them the best of luck.

patmanta and biggeorge like this.
  9. Not much to see. Weather was perfect but only a couple of rows of vendors. Highlight of the morning was on the way out I was flagged down by @mike bowling and @wheeldog57 so my grandson and I got to meet them. I'd like to thank the guy that gave my 3 year old grandson a die cast car he was looking at. Very nice! Different food vendor so no coffee princess. DSC04245.JPG DSC04246.JPG DSC04247.JPG

biggeorge likes this.
  10. gonzo

gonzo

It's official, Epping has won the great swap meet war of attrition.

wheeldog57 and mike bowling like this.
  11. I hate to say it but I think you're right. I talked to a friend that went to Amherst and that was empty too.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  12. FencePost

FencePost

Amherst had 5 vendors. It sucked. When is the NEDragway meet?

13. mike bowling

mike bowling

Drag Strip is the last Sunday of the month .

It's going to be interesting to see how the Dragway higher ups decide to run the place as time goes on. Hopefully the prices won't start climbing ( Candia is charging $5. for parking now).
    Epping has turned into a pretty decent place to go, and I like it because the commute's only around 35 minutes for me ( I live right off 95 in Newbury).

If you can't count on anything else, you can count on change. See Y'all at the end of the month.
    Over, and Out. DSCN3275.JPG

wheeldog57, TFoch and biggeorge like this.
  14. 32 hudson

32 hudson

I got to Candia at 6 am . There were 6- 8 vendors and no coffee wagon. I left at 6:20. Can not say I will be going back. Sad but is what it is. Looking forward to NED on the 30th.

TFoch and mike bowling like this.
  15. It's sad to say but I think Candia is the nicer venue over New England Dragway but due to family squabbles people didn't come back to Candia after a year off. Amherst is short term so NED it is.

biggeorge and mike bowling like this.