Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cancer survivor looking for a way to say thanks

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Kensdoll, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Kensdoll

Kensdoll
    from Aztec NM

My husband has always wanted a 32 ford, it's his dream car! I am looking to buy one for him, prefer a project type so he can fix it up himself... Any help in finding on would be appreciated.

I recently beat leukemia, which was diagnosed the day I have birth to our first child... W have only been married a year and a half... Needless to say he deserves this car, it's the only way I can think to show my appreciation to him.

Thanks

2. shadams

shadams

Wow, congrats on your victory, and a nice gesture, I am more than certain it was rough on him as well. As far as the car goes....that is one of the "holy grails" of hot rods so to speak. There is a thread about a guy who found a 32 project and is negotiating to buy it, came on here looking for advice on what to offer. The consensus was 25-30k was a steal. I about crapped myself, I had no idea they brought that kind of money. To be fair, it was basically only in need of assembly and had a lot of custom work already done but still, the 32 is not cheap, even if it is a rust bucket. 30-31's are a little more reasonable, but they arent a deuce so....good luck either way, there is a classified section on here and craigslist sometimes has some gems on it...

3. welcome to the forum ....

glad to have you here =)

4. Welcome from CT! Be on the lookout!

5. ( PM ) private message sent

hope it helps w/ an idea of what is out there and along w/ they are asking for them ....

6. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

Welcome and good luck from Maryland.
    (formerly out of Farmington)
    Dan