Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Canada or Bust

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by USMercUte, Jun 10, 2016.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I remember this so well. Before PC kicked in, you used to see touristy bric-a-brac style totem poles everywhere here in BC. I do kind of understand the coastal indians feelings about seeing thier culture hi-jacked for tacky tourism, but at the same time, I sure miss the character it lent to our local landscapes.
    Anyone remember the neon cowboy sign in front of the rodeo drive-in in Vancouver?

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I rode the Kalakala several times growing up, what a neat boat it was.

3. 7 days and a wake up!!!

falcongeorge likes this.
  4. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Real close to leave time now and as Falcon George says " I feel like a kid" and that is why this show is so special. A great chance to catch up with people from all over the place and meet new friends. AL CLARK, we all owe you big time for your efforts.
    Love the old time photos, Chev Bucket, and I remember a lot of that from trips with my folks years ago (showing my age).
    Fuzzy Knight, look off to the left of the freeway on the I-5 north going through Williams and you will see a wonderful old time wrecking yard full of 50's and 60's cars. My shop is about 1/5 mile from there but don't stop as I will be on the road to B.C. The wrecking yard is "Big M Automotive" run by John Fowley (530-473-2225), tons of neat stuff.
    All you east coast and everyone for that matter, safe travels, put the radiator in the wind, hope to meet you there.
    CANADA OR BUST, usmercute.

falcongeorge likes this.
  5. Are you the rodder @ DD's 2013 from Williams driving the flathead powered Yellow modified roadster ??? If so, we chatted a while then as we were admiring all your handcrafted work, ie stainless side strips.........this was at lunch break after the Poker Run............

falcongeorge likes this.
  6. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for this Pic ChevyBucket. I love it, I collect B/A Oil stuff. My Grandfather drove for B/A. I bet he delivered fuel to that station a time or two.

7. Chevbucket

Chevbucket

Prime parking spot right here !! At the corner of Belleville & Government St. Belleville St..jpg

8. I saw that yard on my way to Oregon in May!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Chevbucket

Chevbucket

You probably won't have time to catch a movie.

Attached Files:

10. Chevbucket

Chevbucket

Or some racing action.

Attached Files:

falcongeorge likes this.
  11. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is the roadster I took to DD's 3 years ago, taking the coupe this time. Hope to meet you again. We are counting the sleeps till we leave.
    IMG_6039.JPG

falcongeorge and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  12. Chevbucket

Chevbucket

A few pics from 2010....

Attached Files:

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  13. Great.......will try to say Hi @ DD's.........do have a safe trip and get to take some of the scenic 2 laners on the way, just too easy to do I-5 all the way..........

falcongeorge likes this.
  14. If anyone is coming north through I-82 (Tri-Cities to Yakima) your welcome to stop by our shop. Last Deuce day the crew from Pinkee's stayed in Sunnyside and come out to hang out for awhile.

Pinkee\'s dropping in..jpg

15. How close is Sunnyside to Woodland, WA.???

16. [​IMG]

I do believe we were parked next to each other on Saturday going in to LARS.
    20160619_053422.jpg

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  17. 5 days and a wake up !!

18. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are right, we were parked next to each other lined up to go into the LARS. Enjoyed talking to you there and hope to see you in B.C....Safe trip.....John

19. Chevbucket

Chevbucket

Been busy helping a friend with this car. The original Bloody Mary a chopped 39 Ford standard coupe from Victoria. This car was in many car shows in the 60's. Hoping to get it ready for some cruising around Deuce Days !! The Bloody Mary.JPG

20. Chevbucket

Chevbucket

More pics. Car was featured in the Oct. 1963 issue of Popular Hot Rodding.

Attached Files:

falcongeorge likes this.
  21. uncle buck

uncle buck

Opposite side of the Cascade Mountains. Probably about 3-4 hour drive

22. Yes, Thanks. We're about middle of the state
    Sunnyside Map.jpg

23. Some of the eastern guys are on the road already.
    Jamie, from east of Toronto leaves tomorrow, I think he will be in Windsor tomorrow night.
    Clarke from Asheville, NC left today, will stop in Terre Haute, IN for a couple nights for Indiana Sprint Week.
    Don is heading west from Buffalo.
    All will be meeting near Chicago on Friday, then continue west on Saturday.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. Well darn i was hoping we could get together on our way up. Maybe some other time

25. iddragracer

iddragracer

We are going to stop by Thursday afternoon if that's OK? we are bring four cars.

26. 2935ford

2935ford

Who owns this beauty? WOW!
    original duece draw.jpg

RetroSteel likes this.
  27. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I remember that car from 2013. It was....umm....interesting.

28. 2935ford

2935ford

Indeed! Talk about patina! :)

Love to get my hands on it.

29. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Well there is patina and there is just plain rust...and rust holes!! I believe the car was completely original, never touched/restored. Which is cool, but there comes a time when certain things need to be done. I think in this case, when you're sitting in the car and can see more of the roadway under the car than you can the floor itself, it's time to do some restoration. Not to mention other things.

falcongeorge likes this.