Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can you still get a good USA-made radiator cap?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sidevalve8ba, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Are there any good radiator caps still available? All the crap I've found lately is not fit for a Yugo.:( Are there any still made in the good old USA?

2. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Are you trying to find one to fit a yugo?

3. wisdonm

wisdonm

When buying buying radiator caps or anything else, try the house or small brands. They may be made in the USA, unlike the name brand international conglomerates.

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Aren't Stant Caps still made in Pennsylvania?

5. Cerberus

Cerberus

Sidevalve8ba, Today, I went to Autozone and Orielly's with the Stant radiator cap stamped SV-17 16/18 LBS from my avatar. The two stores could not sell me one without make, model, year. Nevermind they were holding my old cap with Part #'s on it. Went home and googled it and Summit Racing has it....$4.95 Go figure. Most of today's auto parts stores counter clerks are clueless when it comes to building a modified car.

BTW, Stant is located in Connersville, Indiana. Their caps now have levers made of plastic instead of metal. Maybe the metal lever can be transferred over.

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

* Just be aware that the pin may be Chinese. Orchard Supply Hardware for a roll pin. Shorten to fit.

7. Many stant caps new in box at swap meets for $1 each, I have several and several gas caps also at $1 each. Cant beat the price and getting harder to find. Also buying bulb sockets for a buck apiece along with good old made in the USA flashers for a buck apiece. Have any of you priced a plain old flasher at your parts store lately? All made in china and not cheap! Yes swap meets are still a bargain if you pick up little unthought of items like these.