Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Can you Identify these fenders?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CGTexas, Feb 5, 2020.

1. CGTexas

CGTexas

In the classic car business we are constantly ending up with an assortment of parts, etc. We listed a vehicle for sale for a really nice lady and during the process discovered a bunch of old fenders that she told us she was just going to scrap. We hate to see old original metal just get trashed so we told her we would take them and if we end up selling them give her some of the money. These all came out of the rafters of an old barn in Downtown Dallas, TX. Some are just 1 but some are a matching set. We haven't made too much of an effort to sell them but are looking at moving shops and figured it was time to let them go. The problem is don't know what they came off of and don't really know what value to put on them. Would love to see them go to someone who is going to use them for something.

If the folks here have any advice that would be awesome! If you are curious about the blue tape labels on them that is because we hosted an Antique Auto Club of America meeting at our place and thought it would be fun to have a contest seeing who could ID the most.....none were identified. P2640905.JPG P2640908.JPG P2640909.JPG P2640910.JPG P2640911.JPG P2640912.JPG

Attached Files:

JOYFLEA and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. That's a bunch. I cannot help with an I.D. but that might be something to take to the PATE swap meet in a couple of months. Set up a booth advertising your business and sell fenders. Jimmie

kidcampbell71, CGTexas and JOYFLEA like this.
  3. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

The Decatur swap meet is in two weeks.

kidcampbell71 and CGTexas like this.
  4. CGTexas

CGTexas

Yeah we were considering that. Going to be out there anyway because we help put on the car show on Saturday for a foundation we are involved with.

5. Slopok

Slopok

Then they're all Dodges!!!;):D:rolleyes:

Dedsoto, 56don, CGTexas and 3 others like this.
  6. Lets get this straight? You want your product identified, then priced, then you what to sell your product to those who helped identify and set the values? Your part is what? Collecting the money?

uncleandy 65 likes this.
  7. You should post these on the AACA forums. Those are some nice early Texas fenders.

@The37Kid

CGTexas and VANDENPLAS like this.
  8. CGTexas

CGTexas

The money is going to go to the lady that was going to just trash them. We have been storing them in our place for a long time and just didn't want to carry them to the next shop. Certainly didn't mean to offend anyone by asking on here, just thought it would be a good place to get some info about them. To be honest if the right person showed up and really needed a set for their project we would probably just let them have them since they would be getting used.

Junior Stock, Hnstray, clem and 2 others like this.
  9. CGTexas

CGTexas

Yeah we may post there too. Would have hated to see them get scrapped.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. alchemy

alchemy

The front fender in the far left of the top two pics sure looks like an early T to me. Teens/early twenties type stuff.

CGTexas, clem and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. What, None identified:oops: !! Were you giving away free beer :eek: ? It,s almost midnight here and with my bleary eyes i see what look like model T Ford fenders. Only a few million produced. Alchemy posts faster than i can :D.

CGTexas, kidcampbell71 and clem like this.
  12. There is always at least one person with their panties in a wad that thinks someone is trying to screw them over for some reason. Just ignore it.

13. CGTexas

CGTexas

Yeah we thought they would be all over it! I think they got a bit distracted looking at all the other junk we have lying around here.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. gene-koning

gene-koning

If you really want them identified, you should probably separate them and get good side, front, rear, and underside pictures of each. With them all sitting in a cute, tight, little, line, piled on top of each other, you can't see any of the little details that would help identify them.

Looks like many of them are early teens through mid 20s, there were only around 100 automobile manufacturers around during that time frame. :rolleyes:Gene

CGTexas, jetnow1 and seb fontana like this.
  15. CGTexas

CGTexas

Good suggestion, I will get some more detailed pics showing all the different markings. Figured they were all teens through 20s as well. Thanks!