Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Can you ID this Flathead Offset Generator Bracket?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Elrod, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Elrod

Elrod

I just picked up this bracket and really like the styling of it. Seller had no idea who the maker was. I like the flow of the design versus the more blocky usual brackets. Any idea what maker was turning these out?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  2. RAY With

RAY With

Neat looking piece but I never saw one before but I am sure some of the other Hambers will have some information.

3. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

4. Elrod

Elrod

Hey. I just looked at the H&H Flatheads site and it does look similar to the reproduction Navarro ones. Looks like the reproduction ones are a little beefier and have the Navarro name. Maybe this one is an early one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

If that piece IS an original Navarro then the reproduction is like many flathead pieces... one that was never produced but if you pop the name on it it was part of the orginal product line. If an original has no name then so should the repop.

6. madmax

madmax
    from Calif.

All the Navarro Generator Brackets are made by Mike ( H & H Flatheads ) off of the
    ORIGINAL PATTERNS that Barney and Donna gave him when he purchased to Co.

We still have and use, exclusivley all of Barneys original permanent patters as well as the same foundry & specs given directly to Mike from Barney.

The bracket shown could be anyone's done years ago. The best yoou can do to identify it is compare every edge and casting support to other manufactures, Offy,
    Weiand etc.

Thanks Max Sr.

7. Elrod

Elrod

Anyone here have a photo of a vintage Navarro bracket? Not one that is newly made?

8. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I'd take what Max says as gospel. Its too close to be a coincidence. Maybe it was an early prototype that Barney found too light and he beefed up production pieces. Maybe that's why it has a "2" on it. Would be really cool if that proved out.

9. fabricator john

fabricator john
    from venice fl.

i have the same exact bracket ,,any ideas
    fabricator john
    miss you dad