Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can you ID these wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer32, Dec 27, 2008.

1. racer32

racer32

Anyone know if these are factory Ford wheels or aftermarket? If factory, what year/models did they come on? THANKS!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. thunderplex

thunderplex

...aftermarket for sure. Not on any production Ford vehicle that I know of. Maybe a dealer option for a specility car. But, WTF do I know.

Anyway, they're cool looking and great for the right 60's car.

3. Kelsey Hayes, might have been an option in the 60's, maybe early 70's

4. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

I have a pair of them, and was told KelseyHays late 60s, very early 70s.

5. Mercury used them on this 1969 show car so the vintage mentioned seems correct. I've always liked those wheels.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  6. racer32

racer32

thanks guys, was thinking maybe they were from a Mustang...seem to remember seeing a set "way back when". What do you think the set in the pic would be worth?

7. A guy I work with has them on his '62 Galaxie 15 x 6 , seems like they had a steel rim and either a mag or alunium insert like a cragar. I also saw a set at the Chickasha OK swap meet in a GM 4.75 pattern so aftermarket must have been avaliable also.

8. couvy

couvy

The wheels are Kelsey Hayes 20 spokes or Stripper Wheels. Were made in Chevy and Ford pattern and could be ordered from dealerships as optional wheels. Seems like they were made for only 3 years. The Dick Harrel Camaro from the late '60's-early '70's ran them on the front painted gold.