Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can you change shift arms on Lokar shifters?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sobastrace, May 9, 2008.

1. Hi All,

I have a 23" nostolgia shifter, and I mis measured, and it hits the seat in drive no matter how I adjust it. Can I cange out to a 16" shift arm or do I have to replace the whole unit, including remounting the freakin thing? I looked on the website, and I do not see any options for just buying the shift arm, so I thought I would ask all of you if you have any experience for me?

Thanks,

2. chopped

chopped

Their easy to get along with, give them a call. I would think you could cut down the cable and just switch parts. You might look to make a trade here in the want ad section.

3. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

last i knew they sell shorter arms and they are changeable.
    Dave

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I do believe all their shift shafts will interchange. if you go shorter or longer you will have to change or modify the internal cable for the detent knob.
    Or...fill up your hole and remount it where it needs to be.

5. eliguzman

eliguzman

just ask them...i had a very good experience dealing with these folks.

6. I attended the open house at Lokar during the Nats South in Knoxville,Tenn. last week and talked to them about a problem I have with their low emergency brake.

I explained that the button to release the cable at the end of the handle broke and the button and spring let go,,,

the gent I talked to said no problem,,,take it out and send it to them and it would be replaced or repaired at no charge to me,,,,:) HRP

7. 2002p51

2002p51

A 16" Nostalgia Chrome shift lever replacement kit from Lokar
    is part number: S-68147

$98.99 from Summit

8. Thanks guys....I guess this was an easy one to solve, now who wants to come and build a floor for the truck this weekend????

Seriously, I took the old arm off this evening, and measured twice, the 16" will look great.