Register now to get rid of these ads!

can someone in Texas,please check this out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48ford, Apr 25, 2009.

1. 48ford

48ford

Hi all,
    We are winter Texans(snow turds).
    This year I seen an intersting ad in the Harlingen paper.
    I seen a number of ads stating that if you lost your title they can get you one.
    So I callen more than one and they all say that they can get you a bonded title.
    They need a vin,and $250.00.
    Thet enter the vin into a nationwide data base,It the car comes back clean,not scraped,junked or stolen they give you a bonded title.
    They do not need to see or inspect the car.
    Can anyone check this out and see if it's true.
    I don't need a title,but some one else may.
    Thanks Russ

2. Painter D

Painter D
    from DFW

If it's a" bonded" title I think it's more difficult than just a vin and 250$. I thought I was going to have to get one of those one time and they gave me more forms and paperwork than it took to buy a house. I ended up not having to do it but the process seemed to be a real PITA. Maybe someone else will chime in that's actually done it.

3. lil427z

lil427z
    from boerne tx

that sounds right.
    rick k

4. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

A bonded title is no big deal. You just provide affidavits of origin on the car and why you don't have a title, what gives you the right of ownership. The fees are posting a bond like a bail bond. The company backs your claim by posting a bond on the car that is refunded after a standard period. They keep your fees for the service. You can bond it yourself, but you might have to put up a couple thousand bucks.
    In the event that the title is challenged during the bond period, the amount posted should encourage the owner to show up for any hearings that will resolve the matter.

5. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Yep, I had to get a bonded title for one of my projects, no big deal at all...

6. BELLM

BELLM

I've done several, use Lawrence Title Service out of Taylor, TX. it is the most safe & legal way to title a car, services like Broadway etc scare me.
    After a couple of years it is lifted and you can get a regular title. With a bonded title you can still sell the car, etc. I would rather pay a little more and have a good title that will withstand any legal test.