Register now to get rid of these ads!

can someone identify this distributor and tail light

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldskoolflyer13, Jun 27, 2011.

1. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

Trying to ID this distributor for a older gentleman. Also what are these tail lights from? Im probably gonna be like "oh duh" once someone ID's them. Been a long sweaty day of diving through a lot of early ford, essex, and other parts in the NC heat today....I may have sweated out brain cells today....any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. no help on the distributor....

the art deco tail light lens looks like its from the late 30's chrysler/desotos/plymouth family?

3. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

I paid $60 for the glass lenses, red dot centers, the stainless bezels, and the back end of the tail light cup (cups were cut at one point). Should look good on my '29!

4. pigpen1

pigpen1

dist looks like 20's dodge

5. That distributor is from North East Electric Company. They were originally called Rochester Coil Company and were renamed in 1909. They got bought out by Delco in 1929 and GM brought back the Rochester name in 1937 for carburetors.
    As for fitment, they made distributors for Dodge Bros, REO, Packard, DeSoto and others. That one is a 1923-26 Dodge 4 cyl.

And we (PerTronix) make a points replacement kit for it!