Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can someone identify these backing plates and drums.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by superjunkman, May 25, 2008.

1. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

I got these backing plates and drums for just about nothing. They came off an old slingshot dragster with a heavily modified rear end that I didn't recognize.

The backing plates are 12" wide and the drums are about 2 1/4" deep. They are self energizing type brakes. I was hoping they were Lincoln, but they don't look like what Wilson sells. Are they possibly old F250?

I'm hoping to use them with 37-41 or 46-48 spindles. I don't mind making a spacer or modifying.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help HAMBers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Andy

Andy

The backers are rears from a 9in I think. They will not bolt to 37-48 spindles. The drums look like F-1's. Do they go together? All 11in?

3. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention when I measured. The drums are 11" inside. The backing plate does however fit into the groove. I guess they might be from an F100. What will it take to modify the backing plates for use up front. I know it would be better to just buy something better, but I'm on an uber tight budget right now.

4. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

Would you remove the emergency brake cable dimples or....? I think I would keep looking for front backing plates myself.