Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Can Someone ID This Seat?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unkledaddy, Nov 1, 2015.

1. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

I like the looks of this bench seat and wonder if anybody can tell me what it is?

seat.jpg

2. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Prolly out of a minivan...Chrysler? Those early cars are so narrow that's about all that fits.

3. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

Yeah, most are mini van seats, or customized van, pick up or station wagon seats.

4. Middle seat from a mini van would be my guess,probably a Chrysler. HRP

5. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

I've got a 3rd seat from a mini van in my Model A now, but it doesn't look as low.
    Maybe it's the vertical contour (sweeps under) of the cushion that makes it seem that way to me.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  6. I used a caravan center seat but still had to narrow it @ 2".

7. i used that exact seat in a glassic roadster, it was a third seat for a chrysler mini van.

8. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Second row seat out of a Chrysler minivan in mine. Only needed to cut a section out of the reclining lever and re-weld to narrow.

9. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Do you remember the year?
    Thanks

10. let me think. it was about 15 years ago i bought the car with no seat. a customer had given me the bench seat that he found in his basement. he had taken the seat out of his van when he got it [still factory wrapped in plastic] and found it while cleaning his basement after he traded the van in. so if the van was traded when it was 10 years old, plus a year or so of storage before finding it, plus the fifteen years i had it.......2015-27 years..........carry the one........divide by 3.14.........late eighties-ish.......

11. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Ap-Pre-Shate-Ya