Register now to get rid of these ads!

can i get some help fellas..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by five1cadiman, Nov 2, 2011.

1. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

Ok so I need my water pump on my 51bad caddy rebuilt and uim having trouble finding someone that does it around here..
    Can anyone help me and tell me where I can take near my town. I live Downey ca 90240
    Thanks alot.

2. You can probably buy a new one for it if you just look around a bit. Maybe buy a kit and rebuild it yourself.

3. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

It may not be near but look up water pump rebuilders in Hemmings. Or do a search here for Arthur Gould water pump rebuilding. He's out of New York. His turn around time is surprisingly fast. I had a 57' 365" Caddy waterpump rebuilt by a local rebuilder and it leaked within 100 miles, I sent it back and installed it again and it was also a leaker. Arthur Gould actually machines out the w/p casting and installs a modern impeller and seal which lasts way longer then the original packing material. Besides the price for an original rebuilt one is actually more than the retrofit of the modern parts. You'll be glad you did.

4. Have you checked with Kanter? They make alot of parts for Caddys

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Crankhole

Crankhole

It's no Caddy, but these guys had one for my flat 6 Ford, or would have otherwise rebuilt mine.

All Star Automotive
    4150 Puente Avenue, Baldwin Park, CA
    <NOBR>(626) 960-5164</NOBR>

6. hemiboy

hemiboy

Egge Machine did mine for the '32 Rockne. They're in your section of the woods.

7. Gman0046

Gman0046

51cadiman, Go to Arthur Gould as Kirk Hanning said. He's in Kings Park, New York. Phone # 631-269-0093. He also has a web site. Google Arthur Gould water pump repair. Hope this helps.

8. bcook07

bcook07
    from Illinois

When I worked for an O'reillys we were able to send in a few odd pumps to A1 Cardone and they rebuilt them and sent them back. They were fairly reasonable too.

9. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

When my waterpump went south the second time I tried everyone including Kanter which did have a pump, but it was much cheaper to send the pump to Arthur Gould and have it brought up to utilize modern seals and impellors.