Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can I get some Bonneville class input for this 34' sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kirk Hanning, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

The 34' is coming together for "roller status" for the Autorama. My good friend is gold leafing the Howard's cam logo on the rear 1/4 right now. The other 1/4 is going to get some other treatment. my question is....

What class/motor lettering WOULD it of been classified in.
    -34' Ford Tudor 4" chop 5" channel
    -53 241" Dodge hemi naturally aspirated on pump gas
    -suspension in a "stock type" configuration if that helps/matters

Any and all input would be GREATLY appreciated

Thanks,
    -Kirk

Attached Files:

2. firingorder1

firingorder1

Comp coupe and sedan maybe.

3. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

To be more specific what would be the letter(s) classification as would be written on the car.

4. saltracer219

saltracer219

P.M. Dan Warner, he's here on the H.AM.B. He will get you going in the right direction.

5. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

It would be a VGCC (Vintage Gas Competition Coupe). . . but I don't have a rule book near me so I can't tell you the engine class.

6. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I appreciate everyone's input so far and a pm was sent out also. I do know the engine size fits into category E for beig 241". So would that mean if it were in competition it' be VGCC/E? I woudn't assume that if it were raced in say the 50's it would be a Vintage class, I could be wrong I just dunno?

7. E class is correct. 184,00 to 260.99 cubic inches.

"Vintage" Class is reserved for 'Vintage' engines only. (Flathead V-8's, 4-bangers, Arduns, etc.), so technically, with the modern OHV engine it would be a straight /GCC or Gas Competition Coupe and Sedan.

So, E/GCC or E/BGCC if blown or E/BFCC if blown and running fuel.

By the way the record in my 2009 SCTA rule book for E/GCC is 212.319-MPH!

8. Note that engine size comes before the class designation.

VERY pretty car, by the way!

;o)

9. Chuck Embrey

Chuck Embrey

I ran Bonneville in 1959 with a C (184-305 cid) Coupe and Sedan. That was a Fuel class, the same car with a gas engine would have been C Altered.

Your '34 would have been in C Competition Coupe & Sedan C/CC in 1959.

In 1954 the Williams Bros Roadster with a 241 Red Ram ran in B Roadster. see here http://www.gregwapling.com/hotrod/land-speed-racing-america/williams-brothers-ford-roadster.html and here http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrdp_0710_custom_hot_rod_cars_barn_finds/viewall.html scroll-down almost to the bottom of the page. Looks like your '34 would have ran as a B/CC in 1954. Take your choice :cool: