Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can I get my '47 Sedan on the road for its 70th?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocket's Hot Rod Garage, Feb 12, 2016.

1. How far along is this project. is it a roller that could be moved on a trailer

2. IMG_2356.JPG new cowl rust.jpg Had the donor cowl from the 4 door blasted and shot it in epoxy. It was a small amount of rust but much less than what the old 2 door body had.

3. Looks like a great start

4. Cowl Prime.jpg
    Donor cowl primed.

Pulling apart the tudor sedan.
    Eng. pull.jpg Nose  off.jpg

5. Motor Yanked with some helpers!

Tear down 1.jpg Eng. out 1.jpg Helpers.jpg

6. So here's where things shift. After tearing down the tudor sedan body the amount of rust revealed made me re-think my approach. The body is savable I just don't know if I need to be the one to try and save it. I found a few bodies to my surprise on craigslist locally but one was on the pricey side and after getting pictures of the other I think it was actually rustier than mine.

Things stalled for a bit and then out of nowhere @Chris asked If I was interested in a '46 body he had and after a long wait I finally made the drive over and bought it.
    \'46 way home.jpg

7. 46 tear down.jpg \'46 on dolly 1.jpg
    Apart and off the chassis. Still some rust issues to sort out but much much less than the one behind it. Thinking I'll still clip it, get it cleaned up and hopefully just treat allot of the other stuff.

8. Wow, you made quick work of that!

9. Taking 'em apart is the easy part. I had some help.