Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can Billet be traditional

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J Man, Apr 10, 2005.

1. torpedo8

torpedo8
    BANNED
    from hell

[​IMG]

The only piece of billet i would ever install in any of my rides.
    how is a 3rd brake light gonna keep some idoit from not paying attention and slamming into you?, if they dont see 2, i doubt they will see 3,
    hay wait!, you can get those LED tail lights, mabe those will help the drunk guy behind you hit his brakes!

2. Dirk35

Dirk35

How about this, I dont care about period perfect, nor do I care about it being a high dollar billit ride. That steering wheel looks nicer than what I got(POS Grant wheel that came with the Camaro Column for $35). I want a third brake light, lemme see a pic of it. If I like it, Ill want it too.

I dont like that dash insert.

Ill buy both the Steering wheel and the third brake light (If I like it) off you for less than they would cost me new if I was to have the will to buy it new.

You can take the money I give you and get totally tradition wheel, and scrap the 3rd light.

Win/Win situation.

Thanks

PM Me.

3. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

The billet third brake light just can't be cool. Not that safety isn't, of course.

How about one of those cool old glass taillights that say STOP with a modern bright bulb or LED or something hidden inside? You could put it on the package tray, have something more "traditional" looking, but still is a third brake light.

Just a thought.

4. Maybe it's not traditional to buy old stuff.

Back in the day, you made your own stuff and those who couldn't make stuff bought stuff.

Maybe, just maybe, these guys buying stuff back in the day were the Gold Chainers of their era....

5. The rules of billet.

Made yourself = OK
    Bought from catalogue = Gay

6. torpedo8

torpedo8
    BANNED
    from hell

my dash insert?

7. El Caballo

El Caballo

Back when I was like six, a classmate's mom had a '55 Olds sedan. On the back package shelf were two trailer lights that were attached to the rear light wiring. Third and fourth brake lights. Ahead of her time.

8. Mutt

Mutt

Use the traditional J. C. Whitney traffic light on the package tray for the third brakelight. Rockeriffic...:eek:

Mutt

9. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

you can use the stuff if you want...but DONT and i repeat DONT keep that 3rd brake light as a 3rd brake light....THEY ARE SO LAME!!!!!
    creepy

10. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

I threw some after market Harley fender marker lights together for a 3rd brake light. The LED lights are bright day or night.

11. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That's pretty cool, I dig that. especially since it looks like it fits the theme of the car.

12. If you have spent the energy thus far to stay traditional, don't use them in any form. If you are already running a SBC or a Camaro front clip, etc, it is a moot issue.

13. Count Scrapula

Count Scrapula
    from Mid TN

This would be a killer 3rd brake light.
    [​IMG]

14. dt50chev

dt50chev

Yeah, Who ever heard of a third brake light before 1986 anyways?

15. Never say never....

16. coupedevil

coupedevil